Re: [KL] Control source query for K2500R

  • Jon Stubbs
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2013
      I suppose one angle you could take would be to explore
      the "Opaque" function. For this, you would create a layer 1
      that is silent (keymap 199 on my K2500 is Silent).

      On the Layer page, turn on the Opaque function.
      This means that now when Layer 1 is enabled,
      any key you press will mute that key on the
      layers "below" it (layers 2 and up).

      Now you could play your drum sounds and to mute
      a drum sound, enable layer 1 (however you want
      perhaps with a footswitch), then press the key
      you want to mute on the layers 2 and up.

      If that doesn't do what you need, I suppose you could
      assign any control source to mute/enable each layer.
      So for the "Enable:" parameter, pick a MIDI CC that isn't
      used for something else. If you leave the default range,
      then sending a CC <64 will mute the layer, and >63 will
      turn it back on.

      You could have a different CC# for each layer you need
      to control.

      Sorry If I've missed your point, I didn't read it very
      carefully.
    • Jon Stubbs
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2013
        The only hitch with the Layer 1 Opaque method
        is that you can't rearrange the layer order.

        So you'd need to create a program (perhaps based
        on your program- for global settings) with a
        silent, opaque layer 1. Then import all the
        layers from your other program in order.