Re: [KL] Re: instrument def for cubase

  • analogmonster@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2013
      On 7 Jun 2013, at 12:20, "George P." <comosicus@...> wrote:

      > --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, "d_112359" <d_112359@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > greetings,
      > >
      > > does anyone happen to have an instrument definition file for the K2600 usable with cubase? google returns 169,000 instances of 'huh?'.
      > >
      > > thanks
      > > dave
      > >
      > I have almost the same trouble, I.e. finding a software accepting external hw synth K2000 and having a feature for instrument definitions.
      >
      > If you own a Cubase could you check in Cubase directory after other synths possible definition files? Such a file, if text or xml could be copy and reused after editing for K2600 or other.

      > RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 3
      > Visit Your Group
      > To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.
      > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback

      I dont use cubase, i use ableton but my explanation may explain why you are struggling to find an instrument definition file. I build max for live controllers for my midi synths, so i can easily automate them without having to remember what ccs do what. The thing is, ive not built one for my k2500rs. Not because its not possible, but because the kurz is too flexible to have an editor that works like my other Synths.

      If i take my access virus ti as an example, midi cc 18 is always osc1 pulsewidth. In the kurz, i have to assign midi cc 18 to something. I could assign it to multiple things. This means midi cc 18 could (and probably will) do something different for every patch.

      The way i work with controlling my kurz externally is to try to standardize things as much as possible. So mod source 1 of f1 layer 1 is always midi cc 20, mod source 2 of f1 layer 1 is always midi cc 21, etc. Find your own standard way of working and you will be able to build your own instrument definition