Re: [KL] K2500 flash issues

  • Roger J
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
      A circuit board may be sent to one country for service and returned without duties or taxes.   Labeling "warranty service" is best.  It requires the proper paper work and declarations.  You are sending it out for repair and returning.

    • dg_audio_repair
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
        Thank you for the positive feedback Les!

        I've shipped overseas many times. I haven't heard of the "warranty" trick. As much as things are being examined via entering and exiting countries I wouldn't want to start even if I wanted to.

        It all comes down to what it is worth to the individual to have his Kurzweil up and running. I don't know what the rates are now a days... you could always do estimates on UPS.com.

        Either way, I'm here if you need me.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
          Duane, You just need to have the paper work say that you are returning the part to the client in the country that it came from(who already payed taxes when he bought it new).  It is not being sold to the client. There is no value added.  You tested it and re-loaded the original system, period. With warranty parts, I have do this may times and with repaired assemblies may time too.

          Simply label RETURN OF SERVICED PART.