Fwd: Kurzweil PC88 defects

  • Wilco
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hi,

      Anyone here that can help me out with a service manual for a Kurzweil PC88?
      Unfortunately the left output channel section broke. I really don't want to
      abandon this machine, but Kurzweil is not really helpfull helping me out
      with this 16 year old machine.

      Best regards,

      Wilco

    • dg_audio_repair
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
        Hello Wilco,

        I specialize in Kurzweil repair. I worked on only PC-88's when I first started working at the U.S. Kurzweil distributor back in 1995.

        Does the left and right output work in the headphones?

        Duane Garvin
        DGAudioRepair.com

        --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, Wilco <w.vanterve@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Anyone here that can help me out with a service manual for a Kurzweil PC88?
        > Unfortunately the left output channel section broke. I really don't want to
        > abandon this machine, but Kurzweil is not really helpfull helping me out
        > with this 16 year old machine.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Wilco

      • Wilco
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2013
          Duan,

          HP output has the exact same problem. Meanwhile I traced the problem back
          to the DA converter. Which I have in order at the moment.

          Roger J helped me out on this. I noted my conclusion was not send to the
          list. This is what I concluded:

          L+R latches are there. Pin 12 & 13 only give a steady +5V, where pin 2 & 3
          have a nice audio swing. I checked for short circuits but couldn't find
          any. Coupling DAC side C33 to C39 gives a proper dual right signal path, so
          it's definitly the DAC.

          But thanks for the offer anyway. :)

          Wilco