Re: [KL] Keep Keyboard On or Off

  • Roger J
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
      In displays the glow bags age, cold cathode bulbs fail and bulbs burn out.  LEDs lite LCD and LED display should be fine.

      >________________________________

    • Daniel Forró
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2013
        - EL foil for backlight can be changed for new one (see for example www.backlight4you.com
        )

        - Displays without backlight or with EL backlight can be changed for
        compatible modern types with LED backlight if there's enough space
        inside. Small modification is necessary, and as LED backlighted
        displays don't use voltage inverter, annoying high pitch buzz on some
        instruments disappears as a side effect :-)

        Recently I use both methods on some old machines in my collection
        (Yamaha, Casio, Korg, Kawai, Kurzweil...).

        Daniel Forro