Re: [KL] K2vx scsi termination

  • jammie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013
      with scsi on the k2000

      you have an external connection that needs a end of line termination for the last drive

      and the internal also needs an end of line termination

      when it talks of no more than one termination its usually todo with the one line

      so its not good to have 2 termination on the same scsi buss

      as if you do you usually get lost information of drives after the first terminator as the signal gets bounced back to the controller thats why you always have termination on end of chain on a scsi bus
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013
        You only terminate one end of the bus if it's total length is 18" or less.   Over 18" both ends and if over 6' both ends and possible the middle too.  But rule 7, as I recall was, "When all a else fails, and you break a rule to make it work, then that is Okay!"