k2500R CC problems

  • peters_road
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
      Greetings. While I have been trying t control some of the parameters in my K2500R programs using the SRC1 parameter, I noticed some strange behavior on some of the numerical slots available. For example, I believe midi CC 10 is PAN, even though it says it is available simply as midi CC 10, it can not be used as it will pan what ever you are trying to assign it to.

      So the next one I noticed was CC # 75 which is acting strangely as well, but i cant quite figure out what it is doing. It sounds like when CC 75 is enabled, that some notes are being transposed, while others are muted, but not all of them?

      Does anyone have a list of default CC behavior, even for these NUMEBRED ones?

      Thank you

      Mikee
    • Jon Stubbs
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
        I think there's a source list in the manual somewhere.
        It's not clear what your goal is.

        If you want to use a physical controller, you can press & hold
        ENTER (on the numeric pad) whilst you waggle that controller.
        That usually sets it-- though that doesn't work for some things.

        If you want an internal control source like an LFO,
        those are pretty self-explanitory.

        If you want to use a controller that is already doing
        something else, i.e., pan, volume, expression, etc.
        then you will get both.

        But yea, I think what you seek is in the manual.

        On Mar 4, 2013, at 10:25 PM, peters_road <petersroad@...> wrote:

        > Greetings. While I have been trying t control some of the parameters in my K2500R programs using the SRC1 parameter, I noticed some strange behavior on some of the numerical slots available. For example, I believe midi CC 10 is PAN, even though it says it is available simply as midi CC 10, it can not be used as it will pan what ever you are trying to assign it to.
        >
        > So the next one I noticed was CC # 75 which is acting strangely as well, but i cant quite figure out what it is doing. It sounds like when CC 75 is enabled, that some notes are being transposed, while others are muted, but not all of them?
        >
        > Does anyone have a list of default CC behavior, even for these NUMEBRED ones?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Mikee

      • peters_road
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
          HI thanks for your reply. What I want to do is use a midi controller to controtll certain parameters of the proagmrs, like filter cutoff.

          My controller has set of nobs on them that I will map to the OPEN CCs. What I mean by OPEN is this. Some of the CCs have PRESET functions already, whist other seem to be simply numbers , like say CC#75. Well this would indicate to me this number is available since it is not labelled anything, and could be used by one of the nobs on my controller.

          The problem is that certain numbers such as 10 and 75, are not in fact free, but have some other sort of hidden parameter that is adjusted when this CC is used. I searched HI and Low for this list, with no luck. What I need to know is why this is happening, and which numbers to avoid.

          Thanks Again.

          Mikee
          --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, Jon Stubbs <jonstubbs@...> wrote:

          > I think there's a source list in the manual somewhere.
          > It's not clear what your goal is.
          >
          > If you want to use a physical controller, you can press & hold
          > ENTER (on the numeric pad) whilst you waggle that controller.
          > That usually sets it-- though that doesn't work for some things.
          >
          > If you want an internal control source like an LFO,
          > those are pretty self-explanitory.
          >
          > If you want to use a controller that is already doing
          > something else, i.e., pan, volume, expression, etc.
          > then you will get both.
          >
          > But yea, I think what you seek is in the manual.
          >
          > On Mar 4, 2013, at 10:25 PM, peters_road <petersroad@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Greetings. While I have been trying t control some of the parameters in my K2500R programs using the SRC1 parameter, I noticed some strange behavior on some of the numerical slots available. For example, I believe midi CC 10 is PAN, even though it says it is available simply as midi CC 10, it can not be used as it will pan what ever you are trying to assign it to.
          > >
          > > So the next one I noticed was CC # 75 which is acting strangely as well, but i cant quite figure out what it is doing. It sounds like when CC 75 is enabled, that some notes are being transposed, while others are muted, but not all of them?
          > >
          > > Does anyone have a list of default CC behavior, even for these NUMEBRED ones?
          > >
          > > Thank you
          > >
          > > Mikee

        • Jon Stubbs
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
            Found it. In the docs, there's a performance guide and a "ref guide".
            In the ref guide, section 6 is called Control Sources ("6-1")
            If you can't get to it, I'll paste the info into a post.

            On Mar 5, 2013, at 5:53 PM, peters_road <petersroad@...> wrote:

            > HI thanks for your reply. What I want to do is use a midi controller to controtll certain parameters of the proagmrs, like filter cutoff.
            >
            > My controller has set of nobs on them that I will map to the OPEN CCs. What I mean by OPEN is this. Some of the CCs have PRESET functions already, whist other seem to be simply numbers , like say CC#75. Well this would indicate to me this number is available since it is not labelled anything, and could be used by one of the nobs on my controller.
            >
            > The problem is that certain numbers such as 10 and 75, are not in fact free, but have some other sort of hidden parameter that is adjusted when this CC is used. I searched HI and Low for this list, with no luck. What I need to know is why this is happening, and which numbers to avoid.
            >
            > Thanks Again.
            >
            > Mikee
            > --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, Jon Stubbs wrote:
            > >
            > > I think there's a source list in the manual somewhere.
            > > It's not clear what your goal is.
            > >
            > > If you want to use a physical controller, you can press & hold
            > > ENTER (on the numeric pad) whilst you waggle that controller.
            > > That usually sets it-- though that doesn't work for some things.
            > >
            > > If you want an internal control source like an LFO,
            > > those are pretty self-explanitory.
            > >
            > > If you want to use a controller that is already doing
            > > something else, i.e., pan, volume, expression, etc.
            > > then you will get both.
            > >
            > > But yea, I think what you seek is in the manual.
            > >
            > > On Mar 4, 2013, at 10:25 PM, peters_road wrote:
            > >
            > > > Greetings. While I have been trying t control some of the parameters in my K2500R programs using the SRC1 parameter, I noticed some strange behavior on some of the numerical slots available. For example, I believe midi CC 10 is PAN, even though it says it is available simply as midi CC 10, it can not be used as it will pan what ever you are trying to assign it to.
            > > >
            > > > So the next one I noticed was CC # 75 which is acting strangely as well, but i cant quite figure out what it is doing. It sounds like when CC 75 is enabled, that some notes are being transposed, while others are muted, but not all of them?
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have a list of default CC behavior, even for these NUMEBRED ones?
            > > >
            > > > Thank you
            > > >
            > > > Mikee

          • peters_road
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
              Excellent source of information, thank you!