Re: [KL] Digest Number 3597

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2012
      The freezing seems to occur when I add songs to the sequencer to the RAM maximum.
      Only a hard reset seems to solve the issue currently.
      Which board is responsible for the RAM?

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2012
        I am late to the show here, but pram are part of the cpu board.  Have you run the diagnostics for the pram?

        You can tell the diagnostics to test over and over again to test the the pram.  Like days.  You can then exit and it will tell you the error stats.

        Also most K2600 had the additional PRAM simm.  It is installed in a simm socket next to the sound ram slots, do not mix them up, very bad thing will happen.  Access via the small panel with nine screw on the bottom.  When you run the diagnostics, it will tell you if it is installed.  You
        can remove it and with an pencil eraser gently clean the pins, re-seat
        and re-test.

        When you have the addition PRAM, it becomes first in the stack and stores the important stuff used on start up.  You could removed it and re-tested with it removed.

        Also I would be surprised if there were board available, very surprised!!!