Re: [KL] Re: Midiboard "IC for logic board needed"

  • Daniel Forró
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 26, 2011
      I would be interested in Service Manual...

      Daniel Forro

      On Aug 27, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Wethington, P wrote:

      > Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted
      > that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very
      > complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I
      > have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut
      > off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
      >
      > Respond to my email if you're interested.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Pat
      >
      > p.s. I am still researching the IC, it seems as you mentioned above
      > that I would be able to find something close to the pin out. At
      > least I know I could do a soldered repair,but I'drather not go down
      > that path.

    • Roger J
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 10, 2011
        I am late to the party, what part are you trying to get?  I have a lot of MIDI Bd parts and assemblies.

        ________________________________

        --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, "zipsnipe" <athomeglass@...> wrote:

        > Try
        > http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.mc_id=hp_ProductIndex&lang=en&site=US&keywords=
        >
        > and I used this China supplier http://us.100y.com.tw/result.asp
        >

        > only to help me identify chips and parts better, just seemed that when ever I typed a part number they had it and I would search info on the part to help me find it at Digikey as their search engine is not the best. Remember to look at the data sheets and compare the pinouts to the chips so that you get the correct one,also just because its not the same number doesn't mean it won't work, many manufacturers make newer versions that have different numbers but will still do the same thing. good luck
        >
        > P.S. Bummer I just noticed that I can't post a links

      • Daniel Forró
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 11, 2011
          Is there some problem with this Yahoo group? My message I wrote on
          Aug 27 came today, Sept. 12..... ?!?!?

          Daniel Forro

          On Aug 27, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Forró wrote:

          > I would be interested in Service Manual...
          >
          > Daniel Forro
          >
          > On Aug 27, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Wethington, P wrote:
          >
          >> Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted
          >> that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very
          >> complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I
          >> have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut
          >> off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
          >>
          >> Respond to my email if you're interested.
          >>
          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> Pat
          >>
          >> p.s. I am still researching the IC, it seems as you mentioned above
          >> that I would be able to find something close to the pin out. At
          >> least I know I could do a soldered repair,but I'drather not go down
          >> that path.
        • Wethington, P
          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 12, 2011
            Wow!, huge miss on this e-mail! I just read this, as of Sept 12th. Wow and thank you! such a blessing.

            I'm responding to another e-mail at the moment, offering the same help. I feel confident that I might be repaired.

            In the meantime, I found a killer 2600xs, loaded and clean. It's hard to go back.

            Tim, thanks.

            Pat

            --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, tim p <target9@...> wrote:

            > Think I've found one for you in the UK
            >
            > These guys have saved a few synths due to having some old ICs
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Tim
            >
            > http://www.littlediode.com/components/74LS466.html
            >

            > On 9 Aug 2011, at 02:39, "Wethington, P" <thirdharmonic@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I am an original owner of a Midiboard. It has been used for the last 25 or so years on many projects. Until recently all functions were perfect. A sudden change rendered it useless. After a thorough diagnosis I found the offending IC on the logic board.
            > >
            > > Anyone here know links to IC suppliers, collectors, scavengers, recyclers, etc? I have done many searches for IC suppliers and have found a handful that are close to providing what I need, but none have the part.
            > >
            > > For interests sake, the part is: sn74LS466. It is a 20 pin chip approximately 3/8" X 1 1/4".
            > >
            > > Also, I have the original Service Manual and the schematic sheet, straight from the factory.
            > >
            > > Any help appreciated,
            > >
            > > Patrick

          • cclpianos
            Message 5 of 30 , Sep 12, 2011
              Hi Daniel,

              I too just got an e-mail from Aug 27th!

              Pat

              --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Forró <dan.for@...> wrote:

              > Is there some problem with this Yahoo group? My message I wrote on
              > Aug 27 came today, Sept. 12..... ?!?!?
              >
              > Daniel Forro
              >

              > On Aug 27, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Forró wrote:
              >
              > > I would be interested in Service Manual...
              > >
              > > Daniel Forro
              > >
              > > On Aug 27, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Wethington, P wrote:
              > >
              > >> Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted
              > >> that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very
              > >> complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I
              > >> have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut
              > >> off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
              > >>
              > >> Respond to my email if you're interested.
              > >>
              > >> Thanks,
              > >>
              > >> Pat
              > >>
              > >> p.s. I am still researching the IC, it seems as you mentioned above
              > >> that I would be able to find something close to the pin out. At
              > >> least I know I could do a soldered repair,but I'drather not go down
              > >> that path.

            • Soir Noir
              Message 6 of 30 , Sep 13, 2011
                There almost seems to be a kurzlist lag... I frequently get emails from quite awhile ago, but only with this group. Very strange!

                > Is there some problem with this Yahoo group? My message I wrote on
                > Aug 27 came today, Sept. 12..... ?!?!?
                >
                > Daniel Forro
                >

                > On Aug 27, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Forró wrote:
                >
                > > I would be interested in Service Manual...
                > >
                > > Daniel Forro
                > >
                > > On Aug 27, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Wethington, P wrote:
                > >
                > >> Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted
                > >> that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very
                > >> complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I
                > >> have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut
                > >> off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
                > >>
                > >> Respond to my email if you're interested.
                > >>
                > >> Thanks,
                > >>
                > >> Pat
                > >>
                > >> p.s. I am still researching the IC, it seems as you mentioned above
                > >> that I would be able to find something close to the pin out. At
                > >> least I know I could do a soldered repair,but I'drather not go down
                > >> that path.

              • Gary Brumm
                Message 7 of 30 , Sep 19, 2011
                  Me too….something is wrong!

                  There almost seems to be a kurzlist lag... I frequently get emails from quite awhile ago, but only with this group. Very strange!

                  > Is there some problem with this Yahoo group? My message I wrote on
                  > Aug 27 came today, Sept. 12..... ?!?!?
                  >
                  > Daniel Forro
                  >

                  > On Aug 27, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Forró wrote:
                  >
                  > > I would be interested in Service Manual...
                  > >
                  > > Daniel Forro
                  > >
                  > > On Aug 27, 2011, at 5:21 AM, Wethington, P wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted
                  > >> that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very
                  > >> complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I
                  > >> have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut
                  > >> off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
                  > >>
                  > >> Respond to my email if you're interested.
                  > >>
                  > >> Thanks,
                  > >>
                  > >> Pat
                  > >>
                  > >> p.s. I am still researching the IC, it seems as you mentioned above
                  > >> that I would be able to find something close to the pin out. At
                  > >> least I know I could do a soldered repair,but I'drather not go down
                  > >> that path.

                • clif
                  Message 8 of 30 , Sep 19, 2011
                    I sent a message to the moderator.

                    I went through and approve messages every so often -- but because of spam and otherwise, EVERY message goes through an approval...some people are pre-approved because they are long time members, but it takes a trip to the Yahoo Groups website instead of hitting a button in the approval email.

                    I know from past experience, it takes a lot of work to moderate these lists...and I know the moderator has been working to try to keep up with everything (and generally doing a GREAT job at keeping this spam free!). A few months ago, I asked for a volunteer to take over and I might ask for another volunteer to keep the list going. Might be good to have multiple moderators anyways (I'll look through to see who offered...lot of great people offered!)

                    I'll check on the list a little more in the next few days and hit the moderate button til we get these going again!

                    As always -- if you have any questions, email me directly. I don't read the list much and if you want something, its the easiest way.

                    Clif
                    Kurzlist Co-Owner

                    --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, Soir Noir <soir_noirneko@...> wrote:

                    > There almost seems to be a kurzlist lag... I frequently get emails from quite awhile ago, but only with this group. Very strange!
                  • dayvaux
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 1, 2011
                      Greetings to all I am new here and have a K26xs, k1000r and a midiboard.

                      My midiboard (v3)has just developed an err13 on powerup.

                      I would greatly appreciate a copy in PDF format of the schematics and if possible the service manual previously mentioned.

                      Has anyone thought of uploading files to the group files page? I am happy to provide the users guides for all my kurzweil products, would be a great resource for the group.

                      :-)

                    • atmospherics4@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 1, 2011
                        Just saw this post. My tech got me a CD of the manual and a printed copy as well......
                        Did you change the battery?.......I think error 13 refers to this?
                        Let me know if you still need documentation
                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        Greetings to all I am new here and have a K26xs, k1000r and a midiboard.

                        My midiboard (v3)has just developed an err13 on powerup.

                        I would greatly appreciate a copy in PDF format of the schematics and if possible the service manual previously mentioned.

                        Has anyone thought of uploading files to the group files page? I am happy to provide the users guides for all my kurzweil products, would be a great resource for the group.

                        :-)

                        >Thus is from an earlier post:
                        > ��
                        > Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
                        >
                        > Respond to my email if you're interested.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Pat

                      • Roger J
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 1, 2011
                          Acknowledge the error and it will continue the power up tests. Error codes are in the owners manual appendix.
                          13 is an ADC error.  And a common error, as everything is multiplexed and sent thru the ADC. So it is good to see what else is happening.  It may only be an adjustment of the ADC zero.  Also use shift and to cassette to enter diagnostics, run test 5. This will display zero to 254 of each key, slider, bender and button on the display and help narrow it down. Any broken fader will cause havoc.

                          ________________________________
                          Greetings to all I am new here and have a K26xs, k1000r and a midiboard.

                          My midiboard (v3)has just developed an err13 on powerup.

                          I would greatly appreciate a copy in PDF format of the schematics and if possible the service manual previously mentioned.

                          Has anyone thought of uploading files to the group files page? I am happy to provide the users guides for all my kurzweil products, would be a great resource for the group.

                          :-)

                          >Thus is from an earlier post:
                          >
                          > Hi, and thank you to all who have responded. And also, I posted that I had an original Service Manual from 1986. It is very complete, including some theory on the Midiboard's operation. I have made a PDF. A note about the scans, some pages look to be cut off or lopsided. That is the way I got it so many years ago ('87).
                          >
                          > Respond to my email if you're interested.
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > Pat

                        • Daniel Forró
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 1, 2011
                            Could you please upload somewhere or send files from CD?

                            Daniel Forro

                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 1, 2011
                              I will send a copy of the cd to you if is not too big or will have my tech upload it......in the next 24 hours.

                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 2, 2011
                                A very big thank you to SN for sending me a copy of the service manual..

                                I still need the actual schematic diagram if anyone has a copy it would be much appreciated.

                                Thanx also to the others who replied to my post.

                                My email to Kurzweil support came back:
                                Thank you for your support of the Kurzweil family of musical instruments and pro audio electronics.
                                Unfortunately these docs are no longer available.
                                Sorry I could not be of more help.
                                Best Regards..
                              • Roger J
                                Message 15 of 30 , Nov 2, 2011
                                  You could use the logic board schematic from a EG or EG2, as they were basically the same, but had more memory for there sequencer.

                                  You should be able to try doing an ADC calibration without schematics.

                                  Let me know if you want the EG schematic.

                                  Ps, the EG was the home product keyboard of that era, it had speakers, amps, and a K150 engine.  It shared key systems with the MIDI Board.

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Nov 2, 2011
                                    I have just checked: I have a printed copy of the manual with schematics and a copy on Cd....I am on the road and not sure how to get it to you.
                                    I can go to a Fedex and use a computer in the morning.....but not sure how to send such a large file.....can someone here assist me with this. I know there are services for this but don't know how to use them.
                                    Derrck

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 2, 2011
                                      You can use free service like this one:

                                      http://www.uschovna.cz/en/send-package

                                      Just select the file you want to send (must be somewhere in your
                                      computer), fill in your email address, addresses of recipient, if you
                                      want, write a short message and click SEND.
                                      File is uploaded to to server, recipients will get a message and can
                                      download it.

                                      Or there's www.yousendit.com, working in a similar way.

                                      Thank in advance.

                                      Daniel Forro

                                      (dan.for at tiscali dot cz)

                                    • atmospherics4@gmail.com
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Nov 2, 2011
                                        Thanks, I will send first thing Thursday am.
                                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                        Just select the file you want to send (must be somewhere in your
                                        computer), fill in your email address, addresses of recipient, if you
                                        want, write a short message and click SEND.
                                        File is uploaded to to server, recipients will get a message and can
                                        download it.

                                        Or there's www.yousendit.com, working in a similar way.

                                        Thank in advance.

                                        Daniel Forro

                                        (dan.for at tiscali dot cz)

                                        On Nov 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, atmospherics4@... wrote:

                                        > I have just checked: I have a printed copy of the manual with
                                        > schematics and a copy on Cd....I am on the road and not sure how to
                                        > get it to you.
                                        > I can go to a Fedex and use a computer in the morning.....but not
                                        > sure how to send such a large file.....can someone here assist me
                                        > with this. I know there are services for this but don't know how to
                                        > use them.
                                        > Derrck

                                      • Soir Noir
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Nov 4, 2011
                                          Sorry to jump in on this so late (been away from the computer for a few days) but if anyone would be willing to send me a copy of the schematics for the midiboard, that'd be much appreciated... :)

                                        • atmospherics4@gmail.com
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 4, 2011
                                            I sent the schematics Thursday evening....did you get them?
                                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                            Sorry to jump in on this so late (been away from the computer for a few days) but if anyone would be willing to send me a copy of the schematics for the midiboard, that'd be much appreciated... :)

                                            Thanks, I will send first thing Thursday am.
                                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                            Just select the file you want to send (must be somewhere in your�
                                            computer), fill in your email address, addresses of recipient, if you�
                                            want, write a short message and click SEND.
                                            File is uploaded to to server, recipients will get a message and can�
                                            download it.

                                            Or there's www.yousendit.com, working in a similar way.

                                            Thank in advance.

                                            Daniel Forro

                                            (dan.for at tiscali dot cz)

                                            On Nov 3, 2011, at 9:01 AM, atmospherics4@... wrote:

                                            > I have just checked: I have a printed copy of the manual with�
                                            > schematics and a copy on Cd....I am on the road and not sure how to�
                                            > get it to you.
                                            > I can go to a Fedex and use a computer in the morning.....but not�
                                            > sure how to send such a large file.....can someone here� assist me�
                                            > with this. I know there are services for this but don't know how to�
                                            > use them.
                                            > Derrck

                                          • dayvaux
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 7, 2011
                                              No sorry I havent recieved anything as yet.
                                              where did you send it to?
                                              My email is dayvaux@....
                                              Been away for a few days and just back.

                                            • atmospherics4@gmail.com
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 7, 2011
                                                I am sending now.....watch for email notification.
                                                Please confirm when received.
                                                Derrick

                                              • dayvaux
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 7, 2011
                                                  I now have the schematics a big thank you to all who helped out.
                                                  :-)Soir Noir if you still need a copy email me.

                                                  --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, "dayvaux" <dayvaux@...> wrote:

                                                  > No sorry I havent recieved anything as yet.
                                                  > where did you send it to?
                                                  > My email is dayvaux@...
                                                  > Been away for a few days and just back.
                                                  >

                                                  > --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, atmospherics4@ wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I sent the schematics Thursday evening....did you get them?
                                                  > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                                • galaxiesmerge
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Dec 17, 2011
                                                    I just joined this list. I have a Midiboard with V.3.0 and it's acting up: is there a download for the Service Manual and Schematics? If I get the paper copies I am willing to do a scan and upload these to Yahoo --- I am a member on some other group lists so I know that fairly big files can be uploaded for members.

                                                    Any help is really most appreciated.

                                                    Thanks!