2600S

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2010
      My board wont load the OS and gives me a blue screen instead of programs.
      Any solutions?

      TONY

    • Tom G Eckenrode
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2010
        Remove the battery for an hour or so. It happened to me before too.
        Possible corrupted program, setup, etc.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2 5:33 PM
          Had a problem with my board freezing to a blue screen after boot loader. After 2
          years and having CPU cleared of issues , I disconnected internal hard drive and
          wow, board works. Now trying to use floppy drive when I press disk, I get
          "please wait" and then board freezes.
          Is this a power/transformer issue?

          Thx,
          Tony

        • R B Meng
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3 9:53 AM
            "Karl" posted:
            Had a problem with my board freezing to a blue screen after boot loader. After 2
            years and having CPU cleared of issues , I disconnected internal hard drive and
            wow, board works. Now trying to use floppy drive when I press disk, I get
            "please wait" and then board freezes.
            Is this a power/transformer issue?

            Thx,
            Tony

            Most likely you did not re-install the internal SCSI termination after disconnecting the internal drive.  I would not expect it to be power supply related.  The K2500/K2600 power supplies are much more robust than the K2000 series.  To confirm this without opening up the K2600, try attaching SCSI terminators to one or both external connectors.  The best fix would be to install a known good drive, properly terminated.

            A malfunctioning internal drive can cause several problems:
            1) A frozen drive (will not spin up) will pull down the 12 volt supply and prevent the OS from booting.
            2) A drive with SCSI termination issues may allow a partial boot or full boot, but lock up at a point when the OS tries to read the drive.

            Regards,

            R B Meng

          • Dr. Hans Obermueller
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5 3:20 AM
              Tony wrote:

              <<Now trying to use floppy drive when I press disk, I get
              "please wait" and then board freezes.>>

              What exactly is happening when it 'freezes'? Does the floppy motor start? Is there head movement in the drive (you can easily test this 'by ear'.

              <<Is this a power/transformer issue?>>

              Maybe. You could measure the voltage drops when the spindle motor starts (5V/12V).
              Or the FD-Controller is dead. I had several defective or just slightly out of spec floppy drives out of the box, too. YMMV

              Kurzweils were notorious for sub-par power supplies. Don't know about the newer ones, but 2ks definitely are.

              HTH, Hans
              --------------------------
            • Shai Vilozny
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5 1:22 PM
                Hi Tony,
                Sounds to me like the floppy's data cable is connected the other way round
                Shai

                Shai Vilozny
                Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
                treetop.tom
                054-9194515
                054-7260224