How load .WAV samples into k2500s

  • nomad1049
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      I hope I'm not asking a question already asked. I'm new to Kurz and have just purchased an immaculate K2500S. I have WAVs of various ethnic instruments, and of choirs. How do I get them into the kurz to play them live (on stage)? Or is this my misunderstanding of a sampler: It can't be done? I have a SCSI card and cable, and I have a MIDI interface. Do the WAVs have to be converted to a KURZ format like .sysex for Alesis?
    • deano
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        If I remember correctly, you can just load .wav files directly into the
        Kurz -- just put it on some kind of media (either a floppy, though only
        for small samples, or something like a zip disk, or even a scsi hard
        drive) and attach it to the K2500. Then use the disk manager to load in
        the sample(s). Once you've loaded them all, you should probably (once
        you've made keymaps and programs for them) save them together as a bank,
        so that it's easier to load them in the future.

        But yeah, the kurzweil should be able to load most early sample formats.
        In theory you can send samples through midi, but it's very slow and
        easily prone to errors. The sysex format is basically midi messages and
        should be avoided.

        deano

        nomad1049 wrote:
        > I hope I'm not asking a question already asked. I'm new to Kurz and have just purchased an immaculate K2500S. I have WAVs of various ethnic instruments, and of choirs. How do I get them into the kurz to play them live (on stage)? Or is this my misunderstanding of a sampler: It can't be done? I have a SCSI card and cable, and I have a MIDI interface. Do the WAVs have to be converted to a KURZ format like .sysex for Alesis?

      • mgha1123
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2009
          The information deano gave is good. The chapter on Disk Mode should cover it all (it does for the K2000, anyway).

          If your wav's are multisamples, though, it might be easier to use KurzFiler to put them together on a computer, and make a KRZ file there, instead of using the K2500 to do all that. I used it for that purpose this summer, and it worked quite well. Saved a _lot_ of time, and you get automatic backups by having the originals on your computer.

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/kurzfiler

          Good luck!