Replace expansions in another K2500

  • Alessandro Biondi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2009
      Hi,
      the main board of my K2500S is damaged, and for buy a new main board,
      the customer service ask me 1000 €.
      I'm looking for buy another used K2500 ( NOT K2500S ), and put into it
      my expansions ( KDFX, ROM and KB3 ).
      Can i install my expansion in a K2500 ( NOT K2500S) ?

      Alessandro

      Sponsor:
      OLTREMARE HOTELS:
      * Cerchi un hotel a Riccione, Rimini o Misano Adriatico ? Visita il sito www.rivieraparkhotels.it . Gli alberghi dei parchi divertimento.
      Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=9284&d=7-7
    • James Cason
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2009
        There should not be a problem installing the daughter board and ROMs in a 2500 that does not have the sampler module. For that matter, the ROMs would also work in a 2600 (with its different daughter module).
        It should also be possible to remove KDFX, PRAM, and RAM from the existing unit, although Kurzweil does not publish install information to users (only to service centers). The lack of the sampling module should not make a difference.

        Also (if you found one cheaper) the rack version of the 2500 - remove the main board and put it in your existing 2500 (unless there is other damage besides the main board.