Re: AX1 tips

  • jfmcgrathmusicnet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      Another option for the Leslie control is to have the sustain switch turn the Leslie on and off. It's not a bad option if you don't mind giving up the sustain. You just change your setup on the Kurz so that sustain pedal messges control Leslie instead.

      Francis

      --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, g.c.simpson@... wrote:

      > Hi there,Just catching up on the AX1 discussions.I have used one of these for about 14 years firstly with K2000 and presently with K2661in a club/function band.I had to return my original one due to a fault in the neck, I think Roland had to modify by strengthening where the neck joins the body. Good advice on the battery holder, I have never replaced mine but have had a few connection problems there.I would still read the manual, lots of useful stuff if you can manage to chew through the pidgin English!When it's not on my shoulder, my AX1 sits on the stand above my Kurz where I can use it as a second board. I have a midi link throught the Kurz to a Roland D550 module which is also controlled by the AX1. I use about 24 of the 32 program buttons, some for Kurz, some for
      > D550.Some of these are duplicated with backing and solo sounds next to each other for certain songs.I also use the program up/down buttons on the neck to switch between them.When using the KB3 sounds, I use the modulation bar to switch the Leslie.To do this, I switch between two different  effects control setups on the Kurz before starting the song. This works ok if you can do without the top drawbar in your sound, I haven't found another way round it so far.  Can't figure the bit about wrecking the transpose button. I have never touched it by accident in all these years! ( maybe my fingers are smaller?):)To save battery power, I switch off in songs where I don't use it, but I always carry spares.Check the tightness of the strap fittings at either end on a regular basis or you may finish your solo with your knee in the air! and always loop your midi cable through the strap.Also remember that the AX1 volume level at the knob can vary between patches if
      > you are using a footpedal on the Kurz. I always lower it a little and play a note before starting to avoid loud surprises!I have had great fun with my AX1 over the years and I wish you good luck with yours.Let me know if I can be of any further help.Regards,George.

    • Steve Worley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        I tried doing this but couldn't get it to work - probably didn't do it
        right.
        Would someone mind taking me through this process step by step?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 21, 2009
          Sorry for the late response on this, I've been gigging a lot and haven't had a chance to set up my Kurz in the house to go over this.

          I use KDFX and KB3 mode.

          1. Go into setup mode and put the organ on track 1, or whatever you have your drum channel set to.

          2. Go to the impFX page and import the KDFX for whatever organ you are using.

          3. Go to the FOOTSW page and set FtSw1 type to Toggle and the Dest to LegatoSW (68). Now your sustain pedal should turn on and off the Leslie, and thus the sustain button on the AX-1 will do the same.

          4. An optional step is to go to the Common page and change Mutes to KB3 Control so you can see the light change on the button.

          I hope this helps, and again, I'm sorry for the slow response.

          Francis