K2000 weird error after a few minutes on

  • libnjer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hi listers!

      My K2000 (v. 3.87J, one of the early models before the v.3, internal
      HD, no sampler, 64 meg RAM) hangs up and displays a weird error
      message about 5 minutes after I turn it on to play. During these 5
      minutes, it works fine. Then the screen displays the message "Can't
      find the menu" and the functions rapidly shut down. I can turn it off
      and on and get another 1-2 minutes of play time before it happens
      again, then usually, it's done for the day.

      Since it's good for another 5-minute run the next day, I wonder if
      it's a heat issue.

      Has anyone ever seen this error? If so, what part (motherboard,
      daughterboard, OS chips, or whatever) did you have to replace to get
      it working again?

      Thanks much,
      Jeremy
    • DavidBrown99
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        Sounds like a heat issue and the most likely suspect is the power supply. Try
        unplugging the HD and see what happens. You should get more time before it
        shuts down, or it may stay running.
        That vintage of K2000 suffered from anemic power supply. If this gives you
        more time then I'll give you some tips to locate the problem part... (usually a
        power transistor).
        David

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
          Make sure the fan is not blocked and is running properly.

          Regards,

          R B Meng