Creating Banks

  • Ned
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
      I recently bought a K2000 VX and had a really basic -- and probably
      stupid -- question: How does one go about creating a bank of patches?
      I've got some sounds I've edited and saved as individual .krz files,
      but I would like to save the individual sounds (objects?) to a custom
      bank. Can someone point me in the right direction for information?
    • Jon Stubbs
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
        If you load all your separate .krz files into the same bank (200's or 300's
        for example) and "append" load them so that all your objects merge into the
        same
        bank, then save that entire bank as it's own .krz file.

        >I recently bought a K2000 VX and had a really basic -- and probably
        >stupid -- question: How does one go about creating a bank of patches?
        >I've got some sounds I've edited and saved as individual .krz files,
        >but I would like to save the individual sounds (objects?) to a custom
        >bank. Can someone point me in the right direction for information?

      • Martin Demsky
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hi all,

          during my last live performance was damaged
          key C5 and partially H4 on my K2000VP. It is
          possible to obtain new ones anywhere? :)

          Thanks in advance,

          Martin

          Finding fabulous fares is fun.
        • DavidBrown99
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
            Is it time to retrieve a K2000 keyboard from the attic and distribut it? How
            many other people are waiting for replacement keys. If there are a few more
            I'll retrieve it and mess with it. No promises on time frame but within a week
            I could do it.

            I've been saving it for the rubber sensor strips, but not the key mechanisms.

            David in Raleigh

            during my last live performance was damaged
            key C5 and partially H4 on my K2000VP. It is
            possible to obtain new ones anywhere? :)

            Thanks in advance,

            Martin

            Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
            hotel bargains.

          • lesndes
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
              I also have "key issues." I have a PC88 MX (Fatar keyboard). First
              of all, are the keys interchangeable with K2000's? Secondly, there
              is one key that is about 5 times as loud the rest. I have taken it
              apart and can't see any obvious damage. The keyweight is intact and
              the holders do not seem to be damaged. Is there anything I can do?
              In the past, I have glued keyweights and swaped banks of keyweights
              around, so I'm not afraid of messing with it.

              Thanks,

              Les in Rocky Mount

              --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, "DavidBrown99" <DavidBrown99@...>
              wrote:

              > Is it time to retrieve a K2000 keyboard from the attic and
              distribut it? How
              > many other people are waiting for replacement keys. If there are a
              few more
              > I'll retrieve it and mess with it. No promises on time frame but
              within a week
              > I could do it.
              >
              > I've been saving it for the rubber sensor strips, but not the key
              mechanisms.

              > David in Raleigh

              On Behalf Of
              > Martin Demsky
              > Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 4:15 AM
              > To: KurzList@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [KL] Damaged key
              >

              > Hi all,
              >
              > during my last live performance was damaged
              > key C5 and partially H4 on my K2000VP. It is
              > possible to obtain new ones anywhere? :)
              >
              > Thanks in advance,
              >
              > Martin

              > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
              flight and
              > hotel bargains.

            • Martin Demsky
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
                I own Fatar Studio 1100, if is it same hammer mechanic
                you can call fatar service. AFAIK it is same as K2500X
                keys too...

                Need Mail bonding?
              • Iain Bryden
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Some years back my K2500X had two keys that had lost their hammer
                  action. Any sound played by those keys was very loud, much like what one
                  of the posters described. I found out that my Kurzweil had the older and
                  more fragile mechanism, so I ordered the newer replacement. The
                  replacement I received consisted of two big strips which mount side by
                  side under the keys.

                  The older mechanism had a tendency where part of the plastic cases
                  containing the little weights would snap right at their supports,
                  leaving the weights to dangle free and useless.

                  -- Iain

                  ________________________________

                  <http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097>

                  > removed]
                  > >

                  > To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
                  > kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:kurzlist-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to
                  > cancel you.
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Need Mail bonding?
                  <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091>

                  This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or
                  may
                  be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY
                  LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of the
                  addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an intended recipient,
                  please contact the sender immediately and take the steps necessary
                  to delete the message completely from your computer system.

                  Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the
                  Uniform Electronic Transaction Act or any other law of similar
                  effect, absent an express statement to the contrary, this e-mail
                  message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended
                  to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and
                  are
                  not otherwise intended to bind this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc,
                  barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other person or entity.

                • Martin Demsky
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 8, 2007
                    Speaking of K2000VP, it is classic synthy unweighted
                    keyboard,
                    mayte these two keys can be replaced by somewhat
                    generic
                    synth keys (for example yamaha cs1x)???

                    Cheers,
                    MD

                    Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                  • Martin Demsky
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 15, 2007
                      Hello,

                      anyone got experience with this company?
                      http://www.dgaudiorepair.com

                      Especially with new keys for K2000/synthy
                      keyboard...

                      MD

                      Looking for earth-friendly autos?
                      http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
                    • Michael Houston
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 15, 2007
                        Yup. Mr. Garvin is a former Kurzweil inside service guy. I believe
                        you'll find him to be quite knowledgeable.

                        Later,
                        Michael Houston
                        Garten's Music

                        >Re: Damaged key
                        >

                        >Posted by: "Martin Demsky" <mailto:martin_demsky@...?Subject=
                        >Re%3A%20Damaged%20key>martin_demsky@...
                        ><http://profiles.yahoo.com/martin_demsky>martin_demsky
                        >

                        >Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:06 am (PST)
                        >

                        >Hello,
                        >anyone got experience with this company?
                        ><http://www.dgaudiorepair.com>http://www.dgaudiorepair.com
                        >Especially with new keys for K2000/synthy
                        >keyboard...
                        >MD
                      • Martin Demsky
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 15, 2007
                          I tried to email him, but no answer, maybe because of my location
                          (Europe/Slovakia)...

                          Maybe some of you can imagine my problem... there is photo... :(
                          http://www.demsky.sk/damagedkey.JPG