[Fwd: Re: [KL] Replacing my Wurlitzer...]

  • Kim Holst
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      >If only Nord could come up with a cheaper 76
      >key version of the stage 88 with an action similar to the K2600 (76 key
      >version) that would be wonderful .

      They will.
      Showed at NAMM.

      >Although as a piano player I like the
      >action of the stage 88 , I can understand why B3 afficionados don't like it
      >. It's like being a classical piano player trying to play a Chopin waltz on
      >a K2000 . Huh !!

      My experience is this:

      When I play my K-2500/76 organsounds I prefer using the keys of my old
      Roland A-50 controller.
      They respond better to organplaying. Actually making especially in
      glissando's sound credible.

      The keys of the NordStage has a function "fast response" for the organpart.
      (Probably only using the first contact as trigger)
      This makes the NordStage very good with organ too imho.
      (Being the former owner of a Hammond RT3)

      I think some of the replies here refer to the Nord Electro.
      The NordStage is not just an Electro with more keys.
      It's a different soundset and a VERY set of eq, amp and compressor.
      The e-pianos has more details (key-off sound etc.) and the acoustic
      piano's are
      a totally different league.
      The reverb in the NordStage doesn't (off course) come anywhere near the
      KDFX.
      The organ has one major advantage in the full polyphony.
      The drawbars and all the relevant buttons for percussin etc. are always
      right there and named.
      Both Kurzweil and NordStage organs sound great.

      brg
      Kim
      DK