Re: [KL] K2500 SCSI THRU?

  • Frank W. Kooistra
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      Joost

      Just talk to me directly and i will help you through

      Joost neem maar even komtakt met me op en ik help je
      er door heen

      heb het een beetke druk

      Frank

    • Doug Slattery
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi Joost,

        I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the path you
        want to travel has trouble lurking in the dark. You see, Windows will
        do things its way with what you want to do, which the Kurz won't
        understand (not just the Kurz, but the rest of the planet :) ). For
        safety's sake, change your mindset to the Kurz's box, not Windows.

        For example, if you put a jet engine in a volkswagen, how would you
        drive it??? Like an F-15 or a Beetle??? I know I'm asking for
        flaming arrows on that comment, but the disk i/o on the Kurz is sort
        of primitive, but it can get the job done, so I learned how to use it
        and stay in those boundaries.

        If anything can be a word to the wise, Kurz was built for geeks and xp
        was built for kids :). Would you let your kids play with power
        tools??? Ya gotta love it :).

        Aloha,
        Doug

        --- In KurzList@yahoogroups.com, "JdH" <joostdenhertog@h...> wrote:
        > This sound not too best.
        >
        > I hoped I could move around on the HD, but I have to mention it is an
        > external scsi drive not attached too the kurz during the process.
        > I onley want to dump some programs from the Kurz on the HD and after
        I turnd
        > the kurz of I want to mover the programs to the different folders.
        > This is what I want to do.
        > Is it in this age of computers so hard too achieve?
        > The scsi card is ok
        > and i use sp2.
        >
        > thanks for the advise but it is still not working.
        >
        > regards Joost

        and your
        > > Kurz drive should be listed.
        > > Go ahead and transfer your files.
        > >
        > > Also note that I connected the SCSI cable with the non-SCSI Thru
        > > connection to my XP System.
        > >
        > > ***Please note that one important peice of information I abided by,
        > > according to other XP SCSI players, only move files into one SPECIFIC
        > > location on your Kurz.
        > >
        > > At least by not doing the following, I quite possibly saved my HD
        from
        > > complete fail:
        > > Do NOT make file folders through XP, do it through the Kurz operating
        > > system itself.
        > > Do NOT move files / folders around with XP on your Kurz HD.
        > > Do NOT delete files through windows XP on your Kurz HD.
        > > Do NOT Cut files from your Kurz HD onto your XP system.
        > > Do NOT Copy files from one foler into another folder on the Kurz HD.
        > >
        > > Good Luck,
        > > Tyler.
        > >
        > > <BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:
        > > #A0C6E5 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
        > > style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr
        color=#A0C6E5
        > > size=1>
        > > <i>KurzList@yahoogroups.com,"Frank W. Kooistra"
        +0200</i><br>>I have a
        > > problem with my scsi HDD I want to see the disc with my PC I
        > > use<br>>windows XP. The divese manager sees the disc but in the MY
        I have
        > > to look?<br>><br>>regards
        > > QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
        > > kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<br>>It will take from 24
        to 48
        > > hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.<br>>Yahoo! Groups
        > > Links<br>><br>><*> To visit your group on the web, go
        > > to:<br>>
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KurzList/<br>><br>><*> To
        > > unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br>>
        > > KurzList-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<br>><br>><*> Your
        use of
        > > Yahoo! Groups is subject to:<br>>

        > > --
        29-9-2005

      • JdH
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          so the warned person counts for 2?

          i have seen the contend of the disk.
          I have understand tha I have to think in the kurz way of moving around.
          I have concluded I am not a Geek (yet). The manual about saving and moving
          around in the disk with the kurz is dazeling me.

          But I have a question about that
          What is a nice set up for the banks and folders and things e.t.c. e.t.c. i
          have no things which i haven't saved some where else so i want to experiment
          first.

          I hav also a scsi compactflash card reader as wel which works easy.

          So I planed to set up a structure on the disc with the kurz.
          and move around the files in XP but leave te structure as it is.

          Thanks for the help. the hard format did the thing...

          Afterwards I have yust done some things like saving e.t.c. but didn't realy
          know what i am doing.

          when I saw the folders on the XP I thought it was realy differnt so I
          considered that I have to learn the kurz way of thinking and have to make a
          plan or a drawing or something to get a picture of it..

          regards Joost