Re: [KL] Speakers For Use with A K2500SX

  • David H. Bailey
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
      I have the precursor to the KC550, the KC500. It is a fantastic amp,
      with far more power than you would need for most small-to-medium gigs.
      And even at high volumes the sound is clear. Now, they may have changed
      things between the 500 and the 550, so remember this is my experience
      with the 500.

      I use it with the PC88mx or with the PC2r playing midi sequences, along
      with playing my WX5/VL70m windcontroller/module at the same time. I
      also use a mic for speaking between the songs. It can handle all of
      that with great ease.

      The only downside to the 500 is that it is H E A V Y. It is on wheels,
      but my home studio is in the basement so when I move it for a gig I have
      to lug it up the stairs and that is not easy. I haven't put handles on
      the ends so that somebody else can help me, but as I get older I may
      well do that.

      The KC stands for Keyboard/Combo, so it has the cirtuitry to handle
      keyboards, basses, guitars and the combination of the 15" woofer and the
      horn tweeter give it crisp, clear reproduction of any instrument I
      emulate with my wind controller.

      Hope this gives you some ideas about at least the previous generation of
      that model. I've heard great things about the KC300 as well, from
      people doing the same sort of gigging I do.

      David H. Bailey

      --
      David H. Bailey
      dhbailey@...