Re: [KL] 2661

  • Frank W.Kooistra
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2003
      Please go back to the store
      and check what machine you played on
      is NOT the K2661
      but the new entry level machine
      So for an entry machine you saw great sounds and is an excellent test
      But next time read which machine you test
      the 2661 is not on sale yet

      Understand that there is no 2678 : that was a joke on the list of
      somebody who did not understand that we need a small portable light 2600
      which is just what the k2661 is.

      On 2/1/03, 1:53:01 AM, "hbasset" <hbasset@...> wrote regarding [KL]
      2661:

      > Just spent an hour fooling around with the new K2661 at L&McQ on Bloor
      st.
      Piano are great,action is not bad , effects are good . The first patch
      in set up mode is unreal , absolutely amazing . There are a few good pads
      and basses and some good leads .

      I'm sure they won't come up with a 2678 . That would be suicidal . They
      should let Roland and co. deal with the low end and carry on with what
      they do best , incredible synths
      .........................................at an incredible price .
      Cheers Herve

    • Haven Siguenza
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2003
        hbasset wrote

        > However I would agree with you that it
        > is (indeed) the 2003 version of the K2000 . The 2600 has always been a dream
        > for me and it will remain a dream . I just purchased (today as well) for
        > $500 (Can) the Oberheim Matrix 1000 module ............ and it's MONO .
        > That's more what I am looking for . And as much as I respect and admire
        > Kurzweil product , I am not sure it will convince first time Kurzweil buyer

        The Matrix 1000 is six voice polyphonic, not mono. Not sure who told you
        otherwise, but you should do some research on what you just bought.

        Very nice synth, nothing like a Kurzweil - except to get good sounds out of
        it you need to program it, just like a Kurzweil.

        eat eat eat eat eat eat eat
        http://www.cervix.net/
      • Ben Cox
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
          On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 20:24, Brian Cowell wrote:
          > > it will most likely go for $699 or $799 and $400 or $500 in 6 months .
          >
          > I'll buy three at those prices !

          Heck yeah. I'm happy with my K2500X, as long as it's stationary. Heavy
          enough to make me swear off live shows. The K2661 has all the power
          (and more) of my K2500X, but is actually portable.

          This alone would be enough to make me consider selling the K2500X and
          getting a K2661, but then I'd miss the 88 key weighted action in the
          studio. But if your prediction comes true and the K2661 goes for
          considerably less than US$1K within a year, I might just buy one and
          keep the K2500X.

          Book me a gig, man.

          -b
        • Ben Cox
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
            I wrote:
            > Book me a gig, man.

            Darn, just read that it was the KME61 and not the K2661. Oh well. I
            still want a K2661, though. :)

            -- Ben
          • Chada, Jaish
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
              Herve is talking about the Matrix1000's output. In SImplest terms, it's MONO
              as opposed to STEREO...
              -Jaish (another L&M Bloor shopper)

              > is (indeed) the 2003 version of the K2000 . The 2600 has always been a
              dream
              > for me and it will remain a dream . I just purchased (today as well) for
              > $500 (Can) the Oberheim Matrix 1000 module ............ and it's MONO .
              > That's more what I am looking for . And as much as I respect and admire
              > Kurzweil product , I am not sure it will convince first time Kurzweil
              buyer

              The Matrix 1000 is six voice polyphonic, not mono. Not sure who told you
              otherwise, but you should do some research on what you just bought.

              Very nice synth, nothing like a Kurzweil - except to get good sounds out of
              it you need to program it, just like a Kurzweil.

              eat eat eat eat eat eat eat
              http://www.cervix.net/

              To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
              kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.

            • Rufus Sewell
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
                That would be Monaural (one audio channel) as opposed to Monophonic (one
                note at a time.) ~Rufuss

                Herve is talking about the Matrix1000's output. In SImplest terms, it's MONO
                as opposed to STEREO...
                -Jaish (another L&M Bloor shopper)

                > is (indeed) the 2003 version of the K2000 . The 2600 has always been a
                dream
                > for me and it will remain a dream . I just purchased (today as well) for
                > $500 (Can) the Oberheim Matrix 1000 module ............ and it's MONO .
                > That's more what I am looking for . And as much as I respect and admire
                > Kurzweil product , I am not sure it will convince first time Kurzweil
                buyer

                The Matrix 1000 is six voice polyphonic, not mono. Not sure who told you
                otherwise, but you should do some research on what you just bought.

                Very nice synth, nothing like a Kurzweil - except to get good sounds out of
                it you need to program it, just like a Kurzweil.

                eat eat eat eat eat eat eat
                http://www.cervix.net/

                To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
                kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.

                -----</p>
                intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error,
                please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.</p>
                droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
                copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
                autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
                ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
                courriel ou par un autre moyen.</p>

                To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
                kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.

              • hbasset
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
                  Sorry Ben , but the salesman told me it was the new 61 key from Kurz and I
                  did not pay too much attention as to what model it was since I was not aware
                  of a KME61. I sat there and fooled around with it for an hour . Good piano
                  sound and some really nice effects pads in set up mode (only 10 or 15 set
                  ups .......yup that's it) . $1270 Canadian currency) . . Still want a gig
                  ????????????? Herve

                • tnbar@sysmatrix.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 3, 2003
                    Perhaps what you were very fortunate to have gotten a look at was the new K2761? A
                    great unit! Was there lite pipe?

                    hbasset wrote:

                    > Sorry Ben , but the salesman told me it was the new 61 key from Kurz and I -snip-
                  • Chada, Jaish
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 4, 2003
                      Actually it used to be know as Monophonic as opposed to Stereophonic...I'm
                      NOT that old, really!
                      :-)
                      -Jaish

                      That would be Monaural (one audio channel) as opposed to Monophonic (one
                      note at a time.) ~Rufuss

                      Herve is talking about the Matrix1000's output. In SImplest terms, it's MONO
                      as opposed to STEREO...
                      -Jaish (another L&M Bloor shopper)

                      > is (indeed) the 2003 version of the K2000 . The 2600 has always been a
                      dream
                      > for me and it will remain a dream . I just purchased (today as well) for
                      > $500 (Can) the Oberheim Matrix 1000 module ............ and it's MONO .
                      > That's more what I am looking for . And as much as I respect and admire
                      > Kurzweil product , I am not sure it will convince first time Kurzweil
                      buyer

                      The Matrix 1000 is six voice polyphonic, not mono. Not sure who told you
                      otherwise, but you should do some research on what you just bought.

                      Very nice synth, nothing like a Kurzweil - except to get good sounds out of
                      it you need to program it, just like a Kurzweil.

                      eat eat eat eat eat eat eat
                      http://www.cervix.net/

                      To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
                      kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                      It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.

                      -----</p>
                      intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error,
                      please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.</p>
                      droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
                      copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
                      autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
                      ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
                      courriel ou par un autre moyen.</p>

                      To QUIT KurzList, send a *blank* message to
                      kurzlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                      It will take from 24 to 48 hours for Yahoo!Groups to cancel you.

                    • HERVE BASSET
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 14, 2005
                        Good day
                        Since I missed the boat with a K2600S , how would you rate the K2661 ? I had the oportunity to try it . It's gorgeous . Compact . Deep . But I hate the action (my K2000 feels better) and the pianos ...... ouch . Might as well delete them . I like a weighted action (or semi like the K2600) . Wasn't design to boogie woogie hey ? Apart from that I'd like to hear some comments from owners as I am contemplating one that may go for sale soon .
                        Cheers
                        Herve

                      • atomicsynth
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 18, 2005
                          How did you miss the boat with a 2600? They aren't discontinued.

                          Nothing could feel worse than the keyboard of a K2000. I've heard
                          the 2661's keyboard was greatly improved, but I haven't tried it.