31694New Member, Looking to Learn about KY and Meditation

  • Shana2712@...
    Jun 9, 2014
      Hi,

      I'm a new member from Florida. I have social anxiety disorder, general anxiety, and depression, and my psychologist recommended that I attend a KY class to help with these emotional problems.  I just went to a local KY class today. It involved a lot of heavy breathing and I became dizzy, and I had to slow the pace down or rest during some of the techniques. But I did smile a few times, when the teacher played a song and we danced, which is something I rarely do. The teacher said KY should not be taken seriously!

      I would like to learn about KY techniques or meditations that I can do at home. I read through a few of the online lessons (I know I should be going slower through the classes). So far, I've been trying to meditate on my own (either by watching my breath or by just being silent). I'm not sure what I'm doing with meditation. The online class recommends that the student should at least to try silent meditation on it's own for 40 days straight, then move on in the class. I've been doing the silent meditation for 3 days, but it's hard to stay with, because I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I don't see the benefit in just sitting in silent meditation for 5 minutes each day. Sometimes I watch my breath (which always gets me lightheaded) and sometimes I just remain silent.

      I would like to move onto the "Tuning In" mantra. I don't want to do it wrong, though.

      Thank You,

      Shana

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic