Are we still here????

  • Lauren
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 19, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I haven't gotten a post in I don't know how long. So...I'm
      wondering...do we not have anything to say??? Am I not getting the
      forum?
      What happened?? I'm sure we spinners have lots to talk about...how is
      everyone doing on their Kromski's??

      I am going to spin this weekend and would love to hear how you're all
      doing with your projects.

      Hope to hear from ya'll soon,
      Lauren in W MI
    • De-De Heeter
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 19, 2008
        Well, there is at least one other person here. I'm finally back to working on my wheel - much sanding & staining this past week. It seems at times like there must be several hundred parts...

        De-De in Ohio hoping tung oil dries very quickly

        Inviting you to visit my doll store "A Face From the Past"
        http://www.thedollpage.com/marketplace/store.php?login=facefromthepast

        And for book lovers, homeschoolers, and other inquisitive people:
        www.facefromthepast.com

          I haven't gotten a post in I don't know how long.  So...I'm
          wondering...do we not have anything to say???  Am I not getting the
          forum?
          What happened??  I'm sure we spinners have lots to talk about...how is
          everyone doing on their Kromski's??
          I am going to spin this weekend and would love to hear how you're all
          doing with your projects.
          Hope to hear from ya'll soon,
          Lauren in W MI

        • Lisa - NativeFiberArts
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 19, 2008
            I'm here, spinning - spinning - spinning and when I'm not spinning I'm knitting socks.

            Lisa (Autumn Moon) Perreault
            Ravelry -  NativeFiberArts

          • Sharon
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 19, 2008
              Hi back! :)
              Been really busy around here. My new wheel came about 3 weeks ago. This
              time I added a Minstrel to my 'herd' of wheels. My first Kromski is a
              Mazurka, Tilly, she's a year old now. <g> the Minstrel, Lucille or Lucy for
              short, is now about 3 weeks old and spins like a dream. Took a bit to get
              used to the dbl treadle but it's all good now. Lol..

              I finished a bobbin on the Maz earlier today giving me 3 full ones to get
              plyed then started another of a hand dyed superwash merino in shades of
              purples. The 'girls' have been working hard to get me a stock pile of yarn
              for knitting this winter.

              Since I'm here and posting - has anyone here ever used Rit dye to dye wool?
              If so, are there any tricks to it and how did it turn out? I have tried
              both easter egg dyes and kool-aid with happy results but thought I'd like to
              give Rit a try if the colors will stay.

              Happy spinning!!
              Sharon

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                Tomorrow I will be spinning with my guild at the local fair.  We'll be by the sheep barn  :o)  Then the weekend of Oct 3-4 at the Sotterley Wine Festival I will be spinning there.

                I got my fleece back from the mill that I bought at the MD Sheep & Wool Festival and will be starting on that soon.

                Carrie Lee

                http://www.cleedesigns.etsy.com
                http://cleedesigns.blogspot.com/ - blog
                Every Saint has a Past, Every Sinner has a Future

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                  Good morning,

                  I had taken about 6 weeks off from spinning due to some lower back "issues" that were
                  bothering me. I finally spun again last Tuesday and think that I will be able to continue
                  spinning more without problems. I have 1 full bobbin of single that after I spin another, will
                  be plied together for sock yarn. I HAVE to get more done....after all, it soon will be time for
                  Christmas presents! ;)
                  Oh! I have a Minstrel........ :)

                  Michael
                  Madison, WI
                • judithrcns@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                    In a message dated 9/19/2008 11:50:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time, knitsocksx@... writes:
                    So...I'm
                    wondering... do we not have anything to say???
                    ****hmmmm, THAT will be the day.  I suspect most of us are going into hibernation mode with the cooler weather.  And I fear I would bore everyone to tears saying over and over - I LOVE my Sonata!

                    I am able now to work on spinning yarn with an intent - meaning I can decide what kind of yarn I want and then spin something that at least resembles it.  I think my next purchase is going to be a McMorran yarn balance and a spinners reference card.

                    Judi

                  • Cynthia
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                      hi! I don't post much but I'm a proud Minstrel owner. I was just
                      dusting her this morning in preparation for a Spin-In I'm having today
                      :) I hope to at least finish a bobbin!

                      Cynthia
                      http://cygknit.wordpress.com
                    • Lauren
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                        Hi Lisa,

                        Now, my problems seems to be the reverse!! I'm so busy knitting
                        socks...I don't have enough time to spin!!

                        Now that we're having nice, cooler days here in W Michigan, I think
                        I'll spend some time with my Sonata....who stubbornly refuses to tell
                        me her/his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        I'm totally at a loss on this. I want to name this wheel so
                        badly...but it's so elusive to me.

                        My Polish grandmother's name was Antoinette...in Polish..Antinna (I
                        believe). (If you're fluent....please correct me.)

                        I'd love to give her that name but she doesn't say a thing when I
                        spin. So here I'll sit, spinning on a nameless wheel, until
                        something comes to me.

                        Happy spinning...Lauren in W MI

                        In KromskiSpinners@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa - NativeFiberArts"
                        <NativeFiberArts@...> wrote:

                        I'm here, spinning - spinning - spinning and when I'm not spinning I'm
                        knitting socks.

                        Lisa (Autumn Moon) Perreault
                        Website - www.NativeFiberArts.com
                        Ravelry - NativeFiberArts
                      • Lauren
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                          Hi De-De,

                          When did you get your wheel? And what did you get?
                          My Sonata has a clear finish and I love it like that. I do love the
                          way folks (and companies)have stained their wheels but for now, I
                          love mine.

                          It does seem like when you're most in a hurry to use something,
                          the 'process' seems to take forever!

                          Best of luck, De-De, and happy spinning!

                          Glad to hear from you all!!!

                          Lauren in W MI

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008
                            In a message dated 9/20/2008 11:33:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time, knitsocksx@... writes:
                            I'll spend some time with my Sonata....who stubbornly refuses to tell
                            me her/his name!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
                            ****I never had any intention of naming my wheel, but  have started calling her "Chatty Cathy" for the way she nags me every time I do something silly.

                            Judi

                          • Carmen
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 20, 2008

                              Out here in eastern Tennessee it is the time of year for heritage festivals and craft shows.  I’m doing demonstrations nearly every weekend between now and mid-October.  I spin bobbin after bobbin of singles as plying seems be of less interest to visitors.  I took a couple of days this week to ply – I’ve got close to 60 oz. of finished yarn waiting to be metered. Our annual guild Dye Day is coming up, as well as SAFF, so there is much to look forward to, as well!

                              ~Carmen

                            • Dawn Jacobson
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 21, 2008
                                Yes, we're still here...just busy, busy, busy, in my case with work
                                (I'm a full-time high-school teacher), and getting some other things
                                cleared off my plate. I also took the month of August off from
                                spinning to knit a bunch of stuff for Afghans 4 Afghans. I'm now back
                                to spinning, either on the Sonata or the S-R Saxony. I've got 4.5 lbs.
                                of incredible black Merino pin-draft roving that's slowly turning into
                                singles, to be 3-plied and then knitted into sweaters this winter.

                                Dawn Jacobson
                                http://dtjacobson.blotspot.com/
                                Ravelryid: dtjacobson

                                --- In KromskiSpinners@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren" <knitsocksx@...> wrote:

                                > Hi everyone,
                                >
                                > I haven't gotten a post in I don't know how long. So...I'm
                                > wondering...do we not have anything to say??? Am I not getting the
                                > forum?
                                > What happened?? I'm sure we spinners have lots to talk about...how is
                                > everyone doing on their Kromski's??
                                >
                                > I am going to spin this weekend and would love to hear how you're all
                                > doing with your projects.
                                >
                                > Hope to hear from ya'll soon,
                                > Lauren in W MI

                              • De-De Heeter

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 22, 2008
                                    De-de,

                                    You're wheel will be absolutely beautiful and totally one of kind. I
                                    admire folks who want to stain, paint and finish their wheels so
                                    individually.

                                    I've seen some really unique wheels, but I just want to spin...maybe
                                    some day.

                                    I know about the roving...I got a few bags at the Michigan Fiber fest
                                    last year...before I got my wheel...and then the seller gifted me
                                    with a few more!! How blessed am I?!?!

                                    Well, got errands..will you maybe post a picture of your finished
                                    project?? I know we'd all love to see it!

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 22, 2008
                                        In a message dated 9/22/2008 4:44:01 P.M. Central Daylight Time, facefromthepast_1@... writes:
                                        that since I have no grandchild photos to whip out of my billfold at appropriate times, I might just need to carry one of my wheel when she's done
                                        *****I carry pictures of my dog and my truck.  Might have to add the Sonata.

                                        Judi

                                      • stockinette_avenger
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 23, 2008
                                          I'm here - sort of. Came down with the local plague on the way to
                                          Knitter's Day Out, and have been abed since my return. BAH!

                                          I plied up two huge bobbins of silk on my Sonata last week. I'm still
                                          amazed by how much easier and pleasant it is to use the Sonata's jumbo
                                          flyer than it was to use the Lendrum's. The silk was a breeze to ply.
                                          My only complaint is the size of the jumbo bobbin - it doesn't hold
                                          two WooLee Winders worth of 2 ply. The trials we must endure.