Return Journey

  • Michael Kulik
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28 1:43 PM
      Just a reminder that, along with fellow member Jim Wilson,I will be
      spending 6 days in the Ukraine - May 3rd to May 9th.Prior to this we
      will also be in Warsaw for 2 days.

      Whilst in the Ukraine we will be based in Lwow, but will also be
      visiting the Brody and Rowne regions - areas that I know numerous
      fellow members have connections with.

      I will keep the group posted following our return.

      Michael Kulik
      England.
    • ladbrooke
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28 2:09 PM
        Hi Michael,

        If you get the chance, please try and find me a 'motorhome with bathroom' to hire - Poland or Lviv - desperate!!!!.
        Linder

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 28 3:59 PM
          Have a safe and memorable journey!  Will be waiting to hear of your experiences upon your return.

            Sr.Christine
            Enfield, Ct.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Zbigniew Bob Styrna
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28 5:35 PM
            Awesome Michael. Please keep us informed and enjoy.
            I hope to make a similar journey to Zloczow region in August with my cousin
            who lived there till the 1970's

            Regards
            Zbyszek

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 28 5:49 PM
              Dear Michael,

              Should you hear anything about Podkam(i)en, the birthplace of my
              mother-in-law, I'd be most grateful to hear.
              It's about 20km from Brody.
              I visited the place with my wife in the summer of 1992.
              At the time the wonderful Baroque was in total ruins and the large
              Dominican monastery turned into a lunatic asylum.

              Have a safe journey.

              Kind regards,

              Bert Bakker
              Nelspruit
              South Africa

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Kulik"
              <iteekulik@a...> wrote:
              > Just a reminder that, along with fellow member Jim Wilson,I will
              be
              > spending 6 days in the Ukraine - May 3rd to May 9th.Prior to this
              we
              > will also be in Warsaw for 2 days.
              >
              > Whilst in the Ukraine we will be based in Lwow, but will also be
              > visiting the Brody and Rowne regions - areas that I know numerous
              > fellow members have connections with.
              >
              > I will keep the group posted following our return.
              >

              > Michael Kulik
              > England.
            • Krys Dobrzanski
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 28 7:26 PM
                Hello Michael, I really hate to impose upon you and your colleague and I realise that your time is very limited, but if you happen to see any mention of a tiny village called Podliski (Podliszki, Podleski, Pudliski), either a signpost, old map, word of mouth etc etc could you please make a note of the location?

                The Starzak family had a farm settlement there for only a short time before they were deported to our favourite holiday resort...Siberia. Mum was only 7 at the time and does not recall much about it but has recently found out that it was called something like the various names above. All that we do know is that it was in Lwowskie, but whether it was a district of Lwow or further out is anyone's guess. Mum does remember the place name Mosciska, which I believe is between Przemysl and Lwow, perhaps this was the approximate location, although I can't seem to find it on any map?

                Please don't put yourself out especially...only if in passing you hear or see something, it would be very much appreciated.

                Kindest regards,
                Krys.

                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2004
                  Dear Michael and Jim,

                  First of all, have a memorable trip!

                  Secondly, if there is any chance that you could find out about the
                  condition and address of the Memorial, erected by the Poles in Lwow
                  in about 1921-22, to the three fallen American pilots who fought in
                  the Polish-Soviet War, I would deeply appreciate it. They were part
                  of the group of American pilots who established the Kosciuszko
                  Squadron that went on to have such a distinguished record in the
                  Battle of Britain.

                  I'm attempting to interest the American media in an article about
                  the squadron in connection with the upcoming American Independence
                  Day (July 4). Those pilots came to Poland in gratitude for the
                  Poles' participation in the American Revolution.

                  I shall, of course, understand if you don't even get to read this
                  message before your trip!

                  May your trip be everything you want it to be,

                  Halina Trevelyan
                  Los Angeles, USA

                  <iteekulik@a...> wrote:
                  > along with fellow member Jim Wilson,I will be
                  > spending 6 days in the Ukraine - May 3rd to May 9th. based in
                  Lwow,>