RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Monastyriok

  • Zbigniew Bob Styrna
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2004

      I looked for old maps, WWII, type, but all I could find is these extremely detailed modern day maps of Russia. The Arkangel Oblast is here:

      http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Rusko-Russia/Arkhangelsk/

      all the other ones are here:

      http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/news.htm

      If you don’t have these, then I hope they help you. They are in Russian however.

      You can get translation tables at :

      http://pages.prodigy.net/l.hodges/translint.htm

      So Kotlas would be written as: KOT^AC   where ^ looks like a pi symbol.

      Zbyszek