VIRUS from wmilkowski@ukonline.co.uk

  • Zbigniew Bob Styrna
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004

      My Norton Utilities detected a VIRUS in the message from wmilkowski@... today.

      Please don’t open email from this person especially if you don’t have an up to date VIRUS detection Software.

      And I would like to ask Mr. W. Milkowski not to pots any more messages until he fixes, eliminates VIRUSES on his computer.

      Regards

      Zbyszek

    • Paul Havers
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        You'll probably find that the address has been "stolen" by the virus. It's not necessarily Mr M's computer that is infected
        I would however advise all to update their AV software and check their systems.
        I have been getting a lot of infected emails some from obscure addresses

        Paul

        At 16:56 01/03/2004, you wrote:
        My Norton Utilities detected a VIRUS in the message from wmilkowski@... today.
        Please don�t open email from this person especially if you don�t have an up to date VIRUS detection Software.
        And I would like to ask Mr. W. Milkowski not to pots any more messages until he fixes, eliminates VIRUSES on his computer.
        Regards
        Zbyszek

        All outgoing messages are certified Virus Free
        Scanned by Norton Anti Virus 2003 - www.sarc.com

      • Elizabeth Olsson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004

          <<<tiggermj2@...

          I am married to Tony Golinski & we live in SW Scotland.

          I am interested in joining the group because we have found family & friends there.>>>

          Welcome Mary-Jane

          For the sake of our many recent new members, I think you should tell them the incredible story of how you “found family” on the Kresy-Siberia list. It’s a real success story and a perfect example of what our list is all about!

          Pozdrowienia

          Elzunia Olsson

          Sweden

        • MJ Golinski
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
            > Welcome Mary-Jane
            > For the sake of our many recent new members, I think you should
            tell them
            > the incredible story of how you "found family" on the
            Kresy-Siberia
            list. It
            > 's a real success story and a perfect example of what our list
            is
            all about!
            > Pozdrowienia
            > Elzunia Olsson
            > Sweden

            Well, Tony has already posted to the group of how we found our Cousin
            & as I am a "newbie" to the group, I'm not sure what I'm doing as
            regards messages & stuff yet - so bear with me please! LOL

            As far as I am aware, Tony's family were ordered to leave Poland &/or
            physically transported from Poland at the start of WW2. His father
            joined the Army (& then came to the UK after the war), & other aunts
            & uncles were taken to Syberia & all over the world. Tony has never
            known much of his aunts & uncles, with an exception of an Uncle who
            also came to the UK sometime after the war.
            All we knew was that his aunts & grandmother had settled in Africa,
            but no-one was in touch with them or knew where. Through enquiries
            Tony has made on this site he managed to find more information about
            his family - then in October 2003, a new member joined the site
            (Anna), & she was asking for information on the Golinski family,
            circumstances as described above.
            Anna is our cousin, & we found each other through this group & are
            delighted to have done so, having spoken on the phone we are hoping
            to meet up soon. It's all down to this site & the help & friendship
            we have received.
            We really can't thank everyone enough - it's a wonderful site & we
            are both proud to be members.