Re: [Kresy-Siberia]

  • Wanda Madeyski
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      A virus was sent to me by
      Piotrkrakowiak@...>
      If you get any messages from this person DON'T OPEN IT.
      Wanda Madeyska

      Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday.
      http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        A request to all members. Please do not send virus messages to this
        discussion group.
        Thank you.

        Stefan Wisniowski
        (Sydney Australia)
        Moderator
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          Just as a followup, many viruses now appropriate addresses and "spoof"
          the identity - ie. they "pretend" to come from another address.

          I am concerned that viruses are passing through the KK-S group list, as
          Yahoo should be catching most of them.

          Nevertheless, DO NOT OPEN attachments from anybody without
          understanding what is there and why you want to open it.

          There are so many spam and virus e-mails in the internet it would clog
          up our group to be always posting on them.

          In future please send virus messages to me at
          Kresy-Siberia-Owner@yahoogroups.com.

          Thank you.
          Stefan Wisniowski, Moderator
        • Wanda Madeyski
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
            Dear Stefan:
            Sorry didn't know. But my virus came through Kresy-Siberia. Thought the
            group should know. Regards - Wanda M.

            >From: Stefan Wisniowski <swisniowski@...>
            >To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] No virus messages please
            >Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:55:55 +1100
            >
            >A request to all members. Please do not send virus messages to this
            >discussion group.
            >Thank you.
            >
            >Stefan Wisniowski
            >(Sydney Australia)
            >Moderator

            One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now!
          • Zbigniew Bob Styrna
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2004
              In this age, if anyone owns a computer, one "HAS TO" buy and use an
              anti-Virus software!!! I use Norton Utilities. There are others and some
              are free. It is not acceptable not to have such a program!!

              Else it is for certain you will get a Virus, Worm or Trojan sooner or later
              which will ruin your computer and you'll loose your documents. Then you'll
              INFECT everybody else. Your computer will be the "Virus Host " . A lot of
              times you may not know or notice that you are the Virus Host. These hackers
              are very clever how they disguise and infect the world with their evil
              programs.

              Once you install and use an Anti-virus, you still have to be religious and
              download at least once a week, the new 'Virus Definitions" from the
              manufacturer's web site. Because there are many new viruses worms, etc .
              being written by these criminals every day.

              It is the best $30 you will spend so please buy and use it.

              regards