FW: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Welcome Paul Matylonek

  • B. Charuba
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004

      I forgot to mention that the list of Polish refugees evacuated to Persia on the Forgotten Odyssey Site on the Gallery page lists places of origin.  It may be worth while to go in a look at the list.  A word of caution: though the list is more or less in alphabetical order, it is not precisely in order and you have to kind of look around a little for the name.

      The list of Polish refugees in India in the book by written by the Association of Poles in India 1942 -1948 about their sojourn in India lists Wladyslawa Gawel born 30.12.1926.  Also listed is Zofia Gawel born 24.12.1932.  This list is taken from a list held by the Sikroski Institute in London, England.  The original list contains more information than the one in the book, including places of origin.  You should enquire with the Sikorski Intstitute http://www.museums.simonides.org/gb/sikorski.html .  Unfortunately, they do not have a web site.  The site I have attached provides what information I have on ways to do that.

      Barbara Charuba