Rising '44...the book

  • Paul Havers
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2003
      I've been reading this book and have found it to be a bit un appetizing.
      It diverges from the main title a hell of a lot and manages to time "jump"
      at almost every page.
      The main context should be about the rising and not about how the
      background bits were going on
      between all the Allied camps. It seems to be more interested in what went
      on behind the scenes that
      what went on during the actual fighting. Don't get me wrong there are some
      parts that are devoted to
      the actual events but not enough of them. There are also terrible spelling
      mistakes with the names of the
      main characters, I think the author tried to place the names as they are
      pronounced, which he shouldn't do
      The Gen. Bor is spelled "Boor" and Zoliborz is spelled with an atrocious
      phonetic pronunciation.
      "Battalion "Zoska" is also misspelt as are numerous others.
      In my humble opinion the author should have concentrated on the actual
      events and not "Time" skipped
      between different events, it can be a bit confusing.

      Paul

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Paul Havers
      Director