'Gladiators of World War II'

  • Richard Sochacki
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2002
      Once again I am guilty of glancing through the digest and alighting upon a
      sentennce that triggers a memory. This came in response to Peter
      Lesniewski's mention of the documentary 'Gladiators of World WAR II' which I
      hope will eventually make it to Australia. He mentioned Wojtek the bear
      pictures of whick I once found in my parents' loft (and perhaps gone with
      the memories). Wojtek's adventures were, if this unreliable memory serves
      me correctly, also the subject of a 'Blue Peter' story in what must have
      been the late 1960s. 'Blue Peter' was (is?) a children's television
      programne shown on BBC1 and was essential viewing for children of that
      generation.

      Apologies for this trivia.

      Regards Richard Sochacki