Re: "Rescued from Death in Siberia"

  • cgladun@netcom.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
      The film is owned by the producer Michael Adamski who has produced
      and shot numerous films in Poland and Canada, concentrating on
      historical and travel themes.

      He has sold copies of " Rescued from Death in Siberia" to the Toronto
      Public Library and to the Montreal Polish Library at McGill
      University in Montreal. We have hopes it will be shown be on a local
      TV program 'Polish Studio'.

      Toronto Councilor Chris Korwin-Kuczynski, Professor Wrobel of the
      University of Toronto and the president of the Polish-Canadian
      Congress have confirmed they will attend the premiere at Zwiazkowiec
      Oct. 13, 1650 Bloor St.W, Toronto, 2 p.m.

      A video copy of "Rescued from Death in Siberia" is $25.00 plus
      postage. Contact Michael Adamski at madamski@...

      Chris Gladun, Toronto
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2001
        Hello Chris
        Can you update us on how this showing went?
        Moderator, Kresy-Siberia

      • cgladun@netcom.ca
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2001
          It was a great pleasure for me to be present at the premiere of this
          film attended by many of the people who appear in it as well as their
          families and interested parties.

          Michael Adamski must be congratulated for his effort, particularly
          for the use of rare historical footage which gives a historical
          context to testimony both shocking and inpsiring. About a dozen
          survivors of the deportations to the USSR tell their stories in a
          seamless and compelling manner starting from their childhoods in
          Poland (all were teenagers or younger) and ending with their present
          lives in Canada. Between these two poles we share tragedy and rescue.

          Hopefully this film will find its way to the English-speaking media.

          Chris Gladun, Toronto