Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Looking for... Danilczyk

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2003
      Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Looking for... Danilczyk Helena,

      The Hoover Institution, on the grounds of the Stanford University campus, archives the Polish "Ministerstwo Informacji i Dokumentacji" (MID) collection. This introduction to the collection by Maciej Siekierski describes the origin of these records:

      "The MID was the main information and propaganda unit of the Polish Government in Exile. One of its units, the Research Section headed by Wiktor Sukiennicki was assigned the task of systematically reviewing and summarizing the testimonies of former Polish prisoners and deportees to Soviet Russia with a view to document the entry of the Red Army into Poland, the first weeks of Soviet occupation, the October 1939 Œelections,¹ and the consequent sovietization of the occupied territories. Thousands of original Soviet camp release certificates, statements of survivors and detailed summaries of Soviet occupation compiled by the Research Section for every county of eastern Poland, make up about forty percent of the volume of the Ministry¹s collection."

      The nearly 13,500 certificates archived in the Hoover were issued by the NKVD after the Polish-Soviet agreement of July 1941, releasing Polish deportees from forced labor camps and other places of detention. They were turned in to the Polish authorities when the arrived at their posts.

      There are also nearly 12,000 questionnaires ("ankiety"), statements and depositions of Polish deportees (as well as of some Polish prisoners of war) collected by the Bureau of Documents of the Polish Armed Forces (Referat Historyczny Polskich Sil Zbrojnych) after evacuation to the Middle East.

      Regarding your family, there is a report from a Stefan Danilczyk, a forester from Kosów Poleski (woj. Polesie).  Also there are release certificates from a Bronislaw Danilczuk or Danilczyk (son of Wasil) born in 1912 in Ladzkie Szlacheckie, (woj. Stanislawowskie) and a Wiktor Danilczuk, (son of Feliks) born in 1920 in Sverdlovsk.

      Any relations?

      Stefan Wisniowski

      From: "Helena Danielczuk" <helena52@...>

      What is an amnesty certificate?  My father goes under the name Danielczuk
      but I believe the name might be Danilczyk
    • Helena Danielczuk
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2003
        Yes Thank you I think that Stefan is my father he was as was his fmily a
        forester and hewas from Kosow

        Bye 4 now Hela.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
          OK Hela
          Do you know how to get a copy of the report from the Hoover that your father
          wrote on his experiences when the Soviets invaded?

          Stefan Wisniowski

          > From: "Helena Danielczuk" <helena52@...>
          > Yes Thank you I think that Stefan is my father he was as was his fmily a
          > forester and he was from Kosow
          > Bye 4 now Hela.

        • Helena Danielczuk
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
            No I dont unfortunately but would like to