Welcome Donna (Danuta) Nowicki

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      Welcome Donna!
      I am constantly amazed how many children of Sybiracy have ended up in the
      medical profession.

      It is terrific to hear that your mother is active in the reunions. Perhaps
      she has met group member Wladyslaw Czapski, who is also an active
      "Afrynkanczyk"?

      I have just received a copy of Father Królikowski's book "Stolen Childhood"
      about the orphans who ended up in Canada, and which has stories and photos
      from Tengeru. Are you familiar with it? I would be happy to post a couple
      of photos from the book on the website if you or other members are
      interested...

      Has your mother visited Wolyn (now in Ukraine) or just gone back to
      present-day Poland?

      Again, welcome aboard with the group!
      Sydney Australia

      ----------
      From: "Nowicki, Donna" <dnowicki@...>
      Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:40:28 -0800
      To: 'Stefan Wisniowski' <swisniowski@...>
      Subject: RE: dnowicki@... wants to join Kresy-Siberia

      My mother, Elzbieta Jablonska-Nowicki is a survivor of the Soviet
      deportation to Siberia. Her family lived in Wolyn, outside of Rowno. They
      followed Anders army, and she ultimately ended up at Tengeru orphanage in
      Tanganyka (Tanzania) when her mother died. She has visited her old homeland
      a couple of times, and is very active in attending reunions both in Europe
      and North America.
      Donna (Danuta) Nowicki