"A wonderfully meaningful Christmas present"

  • martin stepek
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2013

      Hi everyone
      I always feel a little uneasy self-promoting (honestly) but my hugely supportive publisher Etta has insisted I do this, so I hope you don't mind, and maybe even get motivated to do what I ask below!

      Etta emailed me "Can you put a post on Kresy-Siberia about the new hardcover edition [of For There is Hope] and the Spanish/English edition [Porque Existe una Esperanza] suggesting that they would make wonderfully meaningful Christmas presents?"

      Etta has now has entered 'Porque Existe una Esperanza' for the International Latino Book Awards and 'For There is Hope' into the UK National Book Awards.

      Kresy member Monica F Jurecki did the Spanish translation, and she did a beautiful job. I would recommend her to anyone as a translator.

      For those who don't know the book it is a poetry cycle, and covers from the Soviet invasion on 17th September right up to the death of my father last year, and combines stories from the family's odyssey in poetry form, with personal reflections and occasionally regrets. I think it resonates with some of the deepest feelings members of our special group may feel about our heritage and what we gained and lost. That's what the feedback over the years has suggested.
      Etta ends her instruction to me with "The best thing would be to let people know that for the next ten days the book can be ordered to be sent anywhere in the world post free for the rrp of £16.99 and should arrive in time for Christmas by emailing me ettadunn@... - alternatively it can be ordered from their local bookstore with the ISBN.
      Porque Existe una Esperanza ISBN 9780955650772
      For There is Hope hardcover ISBN 9780955650765"
      Warmest regards
      Martin
       Martin Stepek
      CEO Scottish Family Business Association, UK Family Business Ambassador Award 2011
      Mindfulness Teacher, Perfect Your Mind
      Advisor, Polish-Scottish Heritage Trail
      Writer & poet, author of For There is Hope, Winner USA-Canada Pinnacle Award 2013
    • skwisniowski
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2013
        Dear members

        Please order Martin's book from our Kresy-Siberia bookstore at AMAZON using our links below and AMAZON will pay a small (but every penny counts) referral fee to Kresy-Siberia to help us continue our mission. No additional cost to you or the authors!

        SPANISH-ENGLISH edition
        Remember as well about our Kresy-Siberia clothing, hats, and giftware at http://tinyurl.com/KS-Store - if we do not have a design you like, we can upload one of your choice (design competition anyone?)

        Thanks
        Stefan Wisniowski
        Sydney & Warszawa (January 2014)

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 28, 2013
          A word of warning to our members ....

          If you purchase this book through the UK link, the cost is  GBP 16.99
          If you purchase this book through the US link, the cost is  USD $26.75
          If you purchase this book through the Canadian link, the cost is  CAD $56.17

          So it is always best to check the prices in the different links, and order from the lowest price one (taking the different cost of postage into effect)

          Kind regards,
          Krystyna

          Krystyna Szypowska
          Winnipeg, Canada

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2013
            Dear Group,

            I hope you are all doing well!

            I would like to give thanks to Martin for this wonderful opportunity to translate his book "For there is Hope". I am very grateful. I would like to thank Martin as well for publicly recommending me as a translator.

            This translation work of Martin's book "Porque Existe una Esperanza" is another blessing that came out of KS Group- as here is where I met Martin while researching about my father earlier this year- and with this translation we are building a bridge and reaching those in Latin America....Please share it with your contacts and ask them to share as well so that we can reach as many as possible with the story of Martin's family that is our story as well. Please keep in mind that this book is both in English and Spanish in one. Thank you!

            Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year 2014.

            Blessings,
            Mónica F. Jurecki
            Beautiful Montana
            U.S.

            To: "kresy" <kresy-siberia@yahoogroups.com>, "etta dunn" <ettadunn@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2013

              Monica, you and Martin make an exceptional team and are great ambassadors for Kresy-Siberia and the Kresy people, thank you,  with deepest gratitude.

              What an impressive effort from both of you to translate and publish this book, so it could reach out to more lost people.

              The gift of memory, of heart, of self, is the present that will be remembered and last longest.

              Blessed Christmas and lucky New Year 2014

              Lenarda, Australia

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2013
                Dear Lenarda and Group,

                Thank you for your kind words as usual.

                I do want to clarify that all this would not have been possible without the amazing hard work and commitment from Etta Dunn, the editor. It was a great pleasure to work with her and Martin and to get to know them a little bit in the process. Wish we did not have a huge Ocean between us...This was total team work and for me, the professional highlight of this year. God is good!

                Please buy the book and share the book's info with all your friends and contacts! Thank you!

                Blessings,
                Monica
                Montana U.S.
                p.s. Enjoy your sunshine and warm temps. down under...I am a little jealous, it is snowing and cold here.

                To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2013

                  Monica, do not be envious of our Australia weather, because it is nice for now, but summer is predicted to be extremely hot, dry with many bushfires or severe storms, with temperatures up to 40+ celcius. It is pleasant now and we are all enjoying it before the summer heat attack starts and I am sure, when it comes, we will be wishing for your snow, especially, when our airconditioner units break down, or we have a power outage, blackouts (too many appliances being used for the local  electrical sub-station to cope with and it overheats and shuts off).

                  All of you, Martin, Etta, yourself and others that assisted,  achieved something very important, in making a book available to people of many languages and this way bringing the Kresy people, who are exiled and scattered throughout the various countries of this planet,  speaking many languages, closer together.

                  Lenarda, Sydney, Australia