Emotional Feedback to Kresy Book

  • martin stepek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
      I received this email feedback about my poetry cycle / book on Dad's deportation to Siberia, called For There is Hope. It came from a Scots business woman with no connections to Poland. I found her father's response incredibly moving, knowing that in little ways the book helps keep alive the events and tragedies our families went through. So this is for all of us.
      "I wanted to pass on some feedback about your book. My dad tells me he loved it and it was the first book in years that he dreamt about, read in the middle of the night and couldn't put down. My parents grew up in Craigneuk surrounded by a mixed immigrant community from Poland, Lithuania, Italy and Ireland. So much of what you've written rings true for my dad. He also tells me of the respect folk had for your dad in the area."

      The book is available globally via Amazon.

      Martin Stepek
      Hamilton,
      Scotland
      Family from Maczkowce, Wolyn
      taken to Charytonowo, near Kotlas
      on arrival in Persia my grandmother Janina died
      the three children survived
      the two daughters are still alive
      Dad died last year aged 90.

    • Tim Bucknall
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
        Thanks brilliant
        Nice work Martin
        Tim
        Congleton

        --
        Tim Bucknall
        Congleton, UK

        Vote for "My" Charity Kresy Siberia to get a grant
        https://www.facebook.com/emccorp/app_222471081145150#.UeQeyqbreH0.twitter
        (facebook membership not needed)
      • Lenarda Szymczak
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013

          Martin, thank you for sharing this and it does affect us all as I remember the respect and assistance given to Polish people in my little community in Australia.  what is written in the book stays forever. Your book honours your dad and all those from the same soil.  Great work.

          Lenarda, Australia