RE: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Introducing new member Chris Hartshorn from Surrey ,England

  • Adrian Palka
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 13, 2013

      Stanislaw,

      This is perfect information and gratefully recieved. I will be heading out there to retrace the steps of my grandfather/fathers diary. which I intend to upload to kresy-siberia website...

      Will keep you informed.

      Thnaks again.

      regards,

      adrian

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 13, 2013

        Stan,

        This is a great help. The first place they went to my grandfather dscribesd as follows...travelled north to petrol staion, then east round a military area..travelled til they crossed the river Cumysz(?) and then a settlement by a river without a name then bracketed (Udinsk) does this mean anything to you?

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 13, 2013
          Adrian, of course Udinsk village is in the same area.
          But according to

          this settlement was in the 90s abandoned by all residents and in 2000 removed from all registers.
          But we will find it on the map and create a route.
          You write me everything you know about the way. I'll draw you a suitable route on the old map with Google coordinates.
          Stan f.M.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 14, 2013
          • 14 KB

          Stan,

          This is invaluable help. Attached are the entries from my grandfather and fathers diary, with journey information in red.

          Thanks again.

          Regards,

          adrian

          Message 5 of 15 , Jun 24, 2013
          • 764 KB

          Stan and others,

          wondered if you could help me locate the address below cyrillic original in attachments..

          Altaiskiy Krai

          Togulskiy r-n

          Udinskiy L.Z.U.

          p-uchastok  Paperessna Nizna

          Palka Ivan Z.

          Altayskiy krai Pogulskiy

          r-n Udinskiy LZU

          Palka Ivan

          regards,

          adrian

          Message 6 of 15 , Jun 24, 2013
          • 7.1 MB
          Dear Adrian!

          Create Map on Udinsk area - see Bijsk, Togul, Udinsk, Kolbinka (Kulibinka), river Czumysh. Poperechnaja nizhna we ll find later.
          Stan f. M.