Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Introducing new member Joanna Przybył from Naperville, IL.USA

  • Elzunia/Elizabeth Gradosielska/Maczka
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2013
      Hi Mark
      make sure your Coding is set to Unicode (UTF-8) on the original message (you may need to change it every time Polish letters are used).
      Elzunia
      Sweden

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Mark <turkiewiczm@...> wrote:

      > Hi Helen.
      > The name displays with unidentifiable characters.
      >
      > Mark T.
      > Canada

    • Lenarda Szymczak
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2013

        Joanna welcome to group, we look forward to more information about your family and will assist in all that is possible

        Warmest regards,

        Lenarda, Sydney, Australia

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2013

          Hi Mark, the problem is the little vowel marks and if you take them out it reads ZDZISLAW BOZEMOL.

          Hope this helps

          Lenarda, Australia

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2013
            Joanna

            Details of the deportation of your father Zdzislaw and his mother Maria are on the Russian Deportation Lists website here:
            http://lists.memo.ru/d4/f478.htm

            Also on the Polish KARTA website here:
            http://www.indeks.karta.org.pl/pl/szczegoly.jsp?id=483605
            and
            http://www.indeks.karta.org.pl/pl/szczegoly.jsp?id=483606

            They indicate that Zdzislaw and Maria were deported from the village of Siehieniewszczyzna / Siechieniewszczyzna to labour camp Warda in the Cholmogorski region of Archangielsk province in the USSR.

            Tadeusz Niebrzegowski and his family were deported from Siehieniewszczyzna to the same labour camp as your father. He writes about the deportation here:
            http://www.sybiracy2010.sybiracy.pl/wspomnienia/Tadeusz_Niebrzegowski.pdf

            You can see photos from the village here:
            http://www.radzima.org/pl/object-photo/396.html

            and you can find the village on the map here:
            http://www.radzima.org/pl/object-at-map/396.html

            Kind regards
            Halina (NZ)

            --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Helen Bitner <helen.bitner@...> wrote:

            > Hi Mark
            > I've no idea what happened but the message came back to my mail box as I wrote it. The name should have read Zdzisław Bożemól.
            > Kind regards
            > Helen Bitner UK
            >

            > On 1 May 2013, at 19:41, Mark <turkiewiczm@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hi Helenz
            > > The name displays with unidentifiable characters.
            > >
            > > Mark T.
            > > Canada

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2013