History of Kresy-Siberia

  • Stefan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17 4:15 PM
      Thanks Martin

      For those who are interested in reading about how we started, you can read about it in a message posted in 2002 on our first anniversary:

      Best regards
      Stefan Wisniowski
      Sydney Australia

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, martin stepek <mstepek@...> wrote:

      > Fabulous. Had never seen that video of Stefan before. Lovely, clear, concise and moving!
      >
      > Martin Stepek
    • Steve Sobot
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18 12:10 AM
        Very impressive, I agree with Martin. Many congrats and thanks to Stefan and all the founders.

        Pozdrawiam,
        Steve Sobot
        (Stefan Sobotkiewicz)

        On 17-4-2013 23:09, martin stepek wrote:
        Fabulous. Had never seen that video of Stefan before. Lovely, clear, concise and moving!

        Martin Stepek

        Sent from Windows Mail

      • Lucyna Artymiuk
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18 12:46 AM

          Steve

          Diid you get mt enail about your grandfather in the polish airforce

          Lucyna

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 18 3:23 AM
            Dear Lucyna,

            Yes I received your message regarding my grandfather, Leon Sobotkiewicz, thank you.
            I need to check the details, and I believe that my family in the UK have his
            papers. I will be visiting them in a few days, so I will get back to you afterwards.

            I do know that he was well positioned in the local police force at Rowne or Luck, and
            I believe that he was deported to Siberia before they deported his wife Helena (maiden name Pyka)
            and her two sons James Dyodor Sobotkiewicz (my father) and Stephan Sobotkiewicz.

            It would be wonderful to find out more about his history - fascinating and moving.

            Pozdrawiam,
            Steve