M.Begin memories

  • Stanislaw Zwierzynski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 11:48 AM
    • 973 KB
    Dear group!
    On the site Of Saharov's center in Moscow

    http://www.sakharov-center.ru/asfcd/auth/?t=book&num=1650

    is laid a book - Memories of the Soviet gulag by Menachem Begin (later Israel Prime Minister), who in 1940 was arrested in Vilnius, then three months spent in PechLag (posiolok Abez). Russian translation made from the Hebrew.
    Perhaps there is in the public domain and the English translation.

    M. Begin by amnesty was released September 20, 1941, was in Jizakh, with Anders Army arrived in Palestine, where ру deserted (of 4,000 Jews - Polish citizens deserted 3000 - they formed backbone of future armed forces of Israel. To me, - great written and honest memories. Begin was highly educated and considerate person, had an excellent memory.

    Chapters 15-20 describe daily life in the worst camps Komi - PechLag (same as SevPechLag, PechZhelDorLag).

    I processed the text and spread it to study.

    Stan from M.