Third Anniversary today of Smolensk Presidential Airplane Tragedy - 10 April 2010

  • skwisniowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 9:01 AM
      Dear friends,

      Let us take a moment today to pause and remember the victims of the tragic crash of the Polish Presidential Plane at Smolensk on the way to commemorate the Katyn Massacre.

      Following is the text of Kresy-Siberia's message of condolences and solidarity with the people of Poland, signed 3 years ago by over 500 people online and delivered to the government of Poland.

      Regards
      Stefan Wisniowki
      Kresy-Siberia Foundation President
      Sydney Australia

      In this black day for Poland and for her children around the world, we join with you in mourning the tragic death of President Lech Kaczynski and Mrs Kaczynska and of so many leaders in the Polish nation’s quest for remembrance and identity.

      “Fundacja Kresy-Syberia”, our Kresy-Siberia Foundation, has the mission to work in Poland and internationally for the remembrance and recognition of our collective history, especially of the Polish citizens' struggles for the Fatherland in the Kresy (Eastern Borderlands) and in Exile during World War 2.

      In the flames of the Presidential plane crash, we lost many of the Foundation’s closest friends and supporters. Former President Ryszard Kaczorowski and Minister Janusz Krupski were both Honorary Patrons of the Foundation, former Marszalek Maciej Plazynski of “Wspolnota Polska” was its first key Sponsor, and Janusz Kurtyka of the Institute of National Remembrance and Andrzej Przewoznik of the Council for the Protection of Memory of Struggle and Martyrdom were inspirational Partners in the Foundation’s mission. All those who also perished with them were similarly patriots working passionately for our Nation’s future and for the memory of its history.

      The tragic irony is not lost on us, that all those who perished were drawn to the forest of Katyn to commemorate the patriotic martyrdom of the cream of the Polish nation 70 years ago. Now, the forest of Katyn has again claimed the blood of a new generation of our Nation’s leaders.

      As brothers and sisters in the Polish nation, together we will recover from this tragedy just as our forebears have throughout the centuries. But today, we mourn the loss of our most passionate and historically conscious patriots.