List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the list of so-called massacre of the Belarusian

  • Lenarda Szymczak
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013

      Dear group, this does not translate to English, but once inside link, look for numbers 1 2 3 4 etc. and click on these.  The pages are in alphabetical order.

      Quote from inside list  A – Z –
      449. Kozieł Ludwik, o. Adam, m. Antonina, ur. 01.07.1904 Stanowiska, nauczyciel, aresztowany 29.06.1940 Łomża, zaginiony 1940
      450. Koziełł-Poklewski Fortunat, o. Edward, m. Wilhelmina, ur. 16.08.1887 Wilno, aresztowany 26.09.1939 Stara Wilejka, więzienie Stara Wilejka, zaginiony 1939

      Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej ...

      be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html?page=9

      Terebieżów, pow. Stolin, woj. poleskie, hallerczyk, por., wójt gminy Wysock, pow. Stolin, aresztowany przez NKWD 06.01.1940, więzienie Stolin, potem ...

      http://be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html  (link to click)

      Назва

      Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej liście katyńskiej

      старонка

      9/9

      Дата канвертавання

      29.11.2012

      Памер

      376.93 Kb.

      Тып

      Документы

      Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej liście katyńskiej translated by google - List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the list of so-called massacre of the Belarusian

      Lenarda, Australia

    • Helen Bitner
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
        On 29 Mar 2013, at 11:18, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:

        Dear group, this does not translate to English, but once inside link, look for numbers 1 2 3 4 etc. and click on these.  The pages are in alphabetical order.

        Quote from inside list  A – Z –
        449. Kozieł Ludwik, o. Adam, m. Antonina, ur. 01.07.1904 Stanowiska, nauczyciel, aresztowany 29.06.1940 Łomża, zaginiony 1940
        450. Koziełł-Poklewski Fortunat, o. Edward, m. Wilhelmina, ur. 16.08.1887 Wilno, aresztowany 26.09.1939 Stara Wilejka, więzienie Stara Wilejka, zaginiony 1939

        Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej ... <image002.png>

        be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html?page=9

        Terebieżów, pow. Stolin, woj. poleskie, hallerczyk, por., wójt gminy Wysock, pow. Stolin, aresztowany przez NKWD 06.01.1940, więzienie Stolin, potem ...

        http://be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html  (link to click)

        Назва

        Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej liście katyńskiej

        старонка

        9/9

        Дата канвертавання

        29.11.2012

        Памер

        376.93 Kb.

        Тып

        Документы

        Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej liście katyńskiej translated by google - List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the list of so-called massacre of the Belarusian

        Lenarda, Australia

      • farrah khan
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
          Dear Lenarda,

          I did open the links and checked the B pages for Bogielski (my grandfather) but did not show up.

          Can you very kindly tell me where you got those two lines on Terebiezow pow Stolin? How can I reach this page and translate into English?

          I am not too efficient with searching I must warn you, my knowledge with internet is limited!

          kind regards,
          Farrah- India.

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013

            Dear Lenarda

            I have the  English translation of the list below. It is 84 pages and  if anyone wants me to look up a name to-day I'll do so or I'll send the whole document as an attachment.
            Kind regards
            Helen Bitner
            UK

            Polish-Russian Centre for Dialogue and Agreement

            BBP.0601.2.2012

            List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the so-called. Belorussian Katyn List

            The list contains an incomplete list of Polish citizens who had been in 1939 or 1940

            arrested or taken prisoner in the province of Bialystok,

            Novgorod and Vilnius Polesie. Due to the fact that the fate of these people remain

            unknown, one can assume that some of them were killed by a decision

            Political Bureau of the VCP (b) of 5 March 1940 and is listed on not found yet

            so. Belorussian Katyn List.

            Background to the Polish-Russian Centre for Dialogue and Agreement

            this list is a list of the missing Polish citizens under Soviet occupation in the years

            1939 to 1941. It was commissioned by the Center CPRDiP card based on an index

            repressed, and other materials that are available to employees of the institution.

            The list was then forwarded to the verification of the Institute of National Remembrance and

            Council for the Protection of Memory of Combat and Martyrdom.

            The list includes only the basic information that might be useful for further

            work on determining the fate of these people and possibly the search for a list of the Belarusian massacre.

            In general these are items such as: name of the person sought, parents' names, date of

            and place of birth, place of residence by war, occupation, circumstances

            disappearance. These data are often incomplete, and the list may contain errors or names

            persons whose fate has become known in recent years. In many cases it is impossible to

            for example, to determine the circumstances of loss. In justified cases, the list includes

            missing persons in the territory of the Soviet Union or in the Volyn region,

[...]

            Дата канвертавання

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
              Dear Helen,
              Thanks for your kind offer. Can you please look up Antoni Bogielski from Osada
               Terebiezow, Wysock Stolin Polesie no evidence to date about his dissapearance.  There has recently been a discovery of Antoni Bugalski Tver Katyn, who was from the police service so now I am even more confused as to which is my grandfather.

              Regards,
              Farrah.

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                Farah, sorry for being slow in getting back to you,
                But I see Anna P provided you the link to see the list.
                I did download that monster list but hesitate to send it.
                Instead, I am looking for some other records I got from Lublin archive to see if there is a 'good-looking' original document for you to see..

                Mark T.
                Canada

                I have the  English translation of the list below. It is 84 pages and  if anyone wants me to look up a name to-day I'll do so or I'll send the whole document as an attachment.
                Kind regards
                Helen Bitner
                UK

                Polish-Russian Centre for Dialogue and Agreement

                BBP.0601.2.2012
                List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the so-called. Belorussian Katyn List
[...]

                449. Kozieł Ludwik, o. Adam, m. Antonina, ur. 01.07.1904 Stanowiska, nauczyciel, aresztowany 29.06.1940 �omża, zaginiony 1940
                450. Koziełł-Poklewski Fortunat, o. Edward, m. Wilhelmina, ur. 16.08.1887 Wilno, aresztowany 26.09.1939 Stara Wilejka, więzienie Stara Wilejka, zaginiony 1939

                Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej ... <image002.png>

                Terebieżów, pow. Stolin, woj. poleskie, hallerczyk, por., wójt gminy Wysock, pow. Stolin, aresztowany przez NKWD 06.01.1940, więzienie Stolin, potem ...

                �азва
                Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurowac� na tzw białoruskiej lis�cie katyn�skiej
                �таронка
                9/9
                Дата канвертаванн�
                29.11.2012
                Памер
                376.93 Kb.
                Тып

                Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurowac� na tzw białoruskiej lis�cie katyn�skiej translated by google - List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the list of so-called massacre of the Belarusian

                Lenarda, Australia

              • farrah khan
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                  Oh Please Mark do me a big favour and send me the good-looking document you mention.
                  I could not achieve anything myself!

                  Thanks again,
                  Farrah

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                    I struck out on the document I referred to. It is an early list of bodies found and identified which was a few thousand guys. He isnt on that by name. Many of them are just listed by rank if identified at all. Sorry.
                    I am sure we can find his plate somewhere.

                    Mark T.
                    Canada

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                      Dear Farah
                      I have looked again (first time was when you became a member) but there is no Antoni Bogielski on the list . My husband's family has 2 members on the list - -----his grandfather and his father. But his grandfather was arrested at the same time as his youngest uncle and everyone presumed they both met the same fate. However the young uncle is not on the list which is not complete.
                      Regards
                      Helen Bitner
                      UK
                    • farrah khan
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                        Lets cross our fingers his name shows up on some plate.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013

                          Helen this is good, I can read Polish but not the rest and anything with a list of names, looks important, this is why I posted so much of the document, hoping someone would understand and recognise it.   if they can go through you for the translation  document this would be great. I only find the information and many times do not understand it, but believe me, by doing this to assist group is teaching me so much and my respect and admiration and empathy grows with each find.

                          My mother was the other side of the Riga Treaty Line 1921 and came out through Germany as Slave worker, lost her language, religion and family, but today for Easter she is very much Polish and had Holy Communion at home by priest visit.

                          Kind regards,

                          Lenarda, Australia

                          I have the  English translation of the list below. It is 84 pages and  if anyone wants me to look up a name to-day I'll do so or I'll send the whole document as an attachment.

                          Kind regards

                          Helen Bitner

                          UK

                          Polish-Russian Centre for Dialogue and Agreement

                          BBP.0601.2.2012

                          List of Polish citizens likely to appear on the so-called. Belorussian Katyn List

[...]

                          450. Koziełł-Poklewski Fortunat, o. Edward, m. Wilhelmina, ur. 16.08.1887 Wilno, aresztowany 26.09.1939 Stara Wilejka, wie
                          ̨zienie Stara Wilejka, zaginiony 1939

                          Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej ... <image002.png>

                          be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html?page=9

                          Terebieżów, pow. Stolin, woj. poleskie, hallerczyk, por., wójt gminy Wysock, pow. Stolin, aresztowany przez NKWD 06.01.1940, więzienie Stolin, potem ...

                          http://be.convdocs.org/docs/index-35548.html  (link to click)

                          Назва

                          Lista obywateli polskich mogących figurować na tzw białoruskiej liście katyńskiej

                          старонка

                          9/9

                          Дата канвертавання

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 29, 2013
                            Thank you Lenarda
                            You do great work in researching .
                            Kind regards
                            Helen Bitner UK

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 30, 2013

                              Dear Farrah, my apologies for taking so long , with Easter, mamusa needing care, shopping etc and a bad case of tonsillitis.  I will use this as excuse, because I really have no idea where I got it from. my mouse has been sticking on copy and paste and perhaps I found this in another search.  My trick, if I cannot remember how to spell name, with limited Polish writing and  reading skills,  I copy a name into google search and see what matches I get for the word or name I pasted . I also use google translate from English to whatever language, hoping all in order, copy and paste the translation and then go through one by one, using translate google function to see what information is store inside link.

                              Trying to retrace my steps I did find another piece of information about Terebiezow pow. Stolin, but warn that it is in English and very horrific reading. But research is like that, hurting like hell  and giving us empathy for our loved ones lost.  I will keep looking for more information from Wolyn. In google search if You write name of village or person and add Wolyn, you never know what comes up, with much of it useful and you can always use the google translate  function, translate  if there is one.

                              Voices from Ravensbrück Interview no. 100 (English ... - Lu.se

                              www3.ub.lu.se/ravensbruck/interview100.pdf

                              File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
                              Beginning on February 4, 1943, I was held at the Stolin prison as a political inmate. ... Terebieżów] were rounded up in barns, which were then doused with benzine ... In 1941, as a Russion prisoner of war in the Polish camp at Smolensk, I was ...

                              http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEgQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.ub.lu.se%2Fravensbruck%2Finterview100.pdf&ei=uL9WUbTZM6eXiQe0noG4Bw&usg=AFQjCNFbC8JTUI7RsqCVUnLnmEfUxb73TA&bvm=bv.44442042,d.aGc&cad=rja

                              warmest regards and Blessed Easter

                              Lenarda, Australia

                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 31, 2013
                                A very Blessed Easter to you too Lenarda!
                                I hope you begin to feel much better very soon.

                                Thanks for the letter it was really a horrendous narrative and reading it  makes one wonder at the sheer savageness of the humankind.

                                Yesterday I looked up Google earth and found the then Polish town of  Horodyszcze which is today spelt  Haradzisca. Terebiezow ( in www.mapywig.org) is a just above it to the right. The town of Rzeczya now Recyca where the author mentioned 27000 Jews were killed  is a neighboring town and people of both Horodyszcze along with Terebiezow and Rzeczya were victims of systematic ethnic cleansing, at the hands of the Germans with the help of the Ukarenians! All means there are remote chances that anyone in those places are alive to tell the tale today!  All the present day occupants in these areas would be outsiders who don't have a clue about the terrible history of these places.
                                Maybe the Jews were from Stolin and neighbouring Rzeczya .Stolin was the bigger city. Mother who was born in Terebiezow  was babtised in Stolin ( why Stolin when it was so far from Terebiezow?) and we were able to retrieve her birth certificate from a small old church there about 8 years ago!
                                In  todays google earth there is no sign of any place such as Terebiezow .However,
                                it was very exiciitng  to have an aerial view of some of the roads that remain the same today, the forests and the lakes around their osada that mama could remember.

                                I am hopeful to someday stand on this very land and imagine for a short spell the children's laughter, the smell of babcha's wonderful cooking and feel the love they must have shared before their world fell apart.

                                Warm regards,

                                Farrah-India.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Mar 31, 2013

                                  Farrah, I kept my Tonsils, all these years and found a gargle with Vodka and Zinc+C tablets, really helps and now it is only an irritation. Your kind thoughts are appreciated.

                                  I will keep looking for anything with Terebiezow and will post under that name.

                                  Your dreams are the dreams of all of us; your pain is our pain. The world was normal before the Soviets and the War.

                                  Keep dreaming and remembering the good, they are all in heaven watching and guiding us.  Take note of the bad and tell the world so it never happens again and our loved ones lost are honoured and remembered, this is why KS exists

                                  Warm regards

                                  Lenarda, Australia.