Uncle Stanislaw's account of deportation.

  • Lenarda Szymczak
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 26, 2013

      Dearest Jurek, whichever way it is written is good, as the main objective is to get truth and history and we all speak and write differently, individually.

      Thank you for the effort and work to share this with us. It will be a pleasure to read.

      Warmest regards,

      Lenarda, Australia

      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
        Check snopes website for scams and hoaxes.
        Carol uk

        Carol C H C
        Sent from my iPad

        On 26 Mar 2013, at 21:04, Helen Bitner <helen.bitner@... wrote

        This afternoon I had a telephone call from a person  saying she was from my broadband provider  and mentioned the correct name and offered to fix any problems I had with my internet connections. She asked me to go on to the internet and enter a website www.teamviewer.com  and click to enter. My computer would not allow me to enter the site suggested and when I said this must be an insecure site the person rang off. I rang my provider who said they had no knowledge of this company. I thought it might be worth notifying the members.

        Kind regards

        Helen Bitner

        Colchester UK

      • Carol Clements
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
          Also tell them you have an ipad which I did and they put the phone down. LOL
          Carol uk

          Carol C H C
          Sent from my iPad

          On 27 Mar 2013, at 11:12, Carol Clements <craftyccc@...> wrote:

          Check snopes website for scams and hoaxes.
          Carol uk

          Carol C H C
          Sent from my iPad

          On 26 Mar 2013, at 21:04, Helen Bitner <helen.bitner@... wrote

          This afternoon I had a telephone call from a person  saying she was from my broadband provider  and mentioned the correct name and offered to fix any problems I had with my internet connections. She asked me to go on to the internet and enter a website www.teamviewer.com  and click to enter. My computer would not allow me to enter the site suggested and when I said this must be an insecure site the person rang off. I rang my provider who said they had no knowledge of this company. I thought it might be worth notifying the members.

          Kind regards

          Helen Bitner

          Colchester UK

        • Linder
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

            Dear Group,

            There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.

            It works like this;

            1 – he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already

            2 – he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.

            3 – I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!

            Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!

            So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!

            Hope this clears it up for you?

            Linder

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
              Dear Linder,

              How are you ?
              You have been busy and we miss your lovely input!

              YES, absolutely right as I TOO use that system and it WORKS!
              They clean my machine in the way you describe and I can see what is happening too.
              The invoice comes later and not all that dear with my contact here locally.

              Pozdrowienia,
              Antoni K

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Linder " <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

              > Dear Group,
              >

              > There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.
              >

              > It works like this;
              >

              > 1 â€" he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already
              >
              > 2 â€" he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.
              >
              > 3 â€" I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!
              >

              > Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!
              >
              > So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!
              >

              > Hope this clears it up for you?
              >

              > Linder

            • Barbara Milligan
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
                Dear Linder and Antoni,

                As I understood it, it was an unsolicited call that Helen received. There are many scammers who say they will clean up your computer if you allow them access, and thus they get free access to all you have on your computer - from bank details to photos to documents etc. The police are aware of such crooks and ask that if someone does get an unsolicited approach to clean up their computer, they refuse and report it to the police. No bona fide firm behaves the way Helen described.

                Best wishes,

                Basia (UK)
                On 27 Mar 2013, at 17:12, antoni530 wrote:

                Dear Linder,

                How are you ?
                You have been busy and we miss your lovely input!

                YES, absolutely right as I TOO use that system and it WORKS!
                They clean my machine in the way you describe and I can see what is happening too.
                The invoice comes later and not all that dear with my contact here locally.

                Pozdrowienia,
                Antoni K

                --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Linder " <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

                > Dear Group,
                >

                > There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.
                >

                > It works like this;
                >

                > 1 â€" he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already
                >
                > 2 â€" he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.
                >
                > 3 â€" I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!
                >

                > Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!
                >
                > So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!
                >

                > Hope this clears it up for you?
                >

                > Linder

              • Mark
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Yes, but what if the guy calling is not really with Teamviewer but can duplicate their process with only mailicousness in mind?

                  Mark T.
                  Canada

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

                    Great that you agree! Passwords, with a combination of Eng/Ukr, well, Tim tried it first, couldn’t see anything on my m/c that was on ‘password’. I’m confident with my ‘bloke’ from ‘repair-shop’

                    Folk’s get mixed up with  all this IT stuff. Having just spent the last 6 months, first with my old m/c [only 5% left on HD + virus] then buy new ‘Tower], get shop to put in ‘things’, then me to install OS [XP Office Pof] + Windows 2010 + lots other progs [Adobe full kit] , then all other progs/languages/skype/NVC/wireless network  etc,, make sure they actually work [by remote], then, at last  data!!  Didn’t want to learn any of this stuff, but, if you want it a certain way, DO IT YOURSELF! Head full of ‘IT learning’, needs a good squeeze to empty it out/get back to my dad’s research!!

                    I’ll catch up with you soon, but off to USA from 10th May, till we feel like coming back [probably 3-4 weeks?],then, ‘back to dad’s research’@ last!

                    See you

                    Linder

                    You have been busy and we miss your lovely input!

                    YES, absolutely right as I TOO use that system and it WORKS!
                    They clean my machine in the way you describe and I can see what is happening too.
                    The invoice comes later and not all that dear with my contact here locally.

                    Pozdrowienia,
                    Antoni K

                    --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Linder " <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Group,
                    >

                    > There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.
                    >

                    > It works like this;
                    >

                    > 1 â€" he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already
                    >
                    > 2 â€" he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.
                    >
                    > 3 â€" I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!
                    >

                    > Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!
                    >
                    > So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!
                    >

                    > Hope this clears it up for you?
                    >

                    > Linder

                  • Lenarda Szymczak
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

                      Linder and group, my daughter uses Teamview programme to run two or three computers from Lan, in the same house  and even outside house, where everybody is connect to same page, programme, sees what the other sees, and yes you are correct, it can be accessed from any computer connected, with correct password and also computers outside house.  Respect and trust is given not to intrude on another privacy and it has the ability to go in and fix another computer or look at another computer programme. I have never bothered to use this  programme to speak with her as I can simply walk to her bedroom.

                      Lenarda, Australia

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

                        Basia UK, this is how I got trapped, my fault, because when I had problem was directed to Microsoft and looked online, found what I thought was Microsoft with Technicians ready and willing to clean my computer, which now in hindsight had nothing wrong, because it was a provider error, but got trapped, paid money believing them, until my children showed me the scam website and I had to get new credit card, used their contract against them (Money back if not satisfied or work not done) and they refunded my money back.  I was lucky, as apparently they scam the world and have made 3 million in the past year. They are not illegal, because you invite them in and they know the words, how reassure you, telling you they are legit.  Believe me I was careful, checked the information and what I was shown on computer, they appeared to be legal.  I learned a very embarrassing lesson and was fortunate to get my money back.  Only let people in who you know and trust.  Truly I felt as if my computer had been violated, with strangers looking at all my private information.  What Helen did was correct.  These people especially prey, hunt for older people or young people, who are not computer literate and are easily tricked and they can ascertain within the first couple of words, as to whether you know what you are doing or need help running your computer and then they pounce.

                        Regards,

                        Lenarda, Australia

                        As I understood it, it was an unsolicited call that Helen received. There are many scammers who say they will clean up your computer if you allow them access, and thus they get free access to all you have on your computer - from bank details to photos to documents etc. The police are aware of such crooks and ask that if someone does get an unsolicited approach to clean up their computer, they refuse and report it to the police. No bona fide firm behaves the way Helen described.

                        Best wishes,

                        Basia (UK)

                        On 27 Mar 2013, at 17:12, antoni530 wrote:

                        Dear Linder,

                        How are you ?
                        You have been busy and we miss your lovely input!

                        YES, absolutely right as I TOO use that system and it WORKS!
                        They clean my machine in the way you describe and I can see what is happening too.
                        The invoice comes later and not all that dear with my contact here locally.

                        Pozdrowienia,
                        Antoni K

                        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Linder " <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Group,
                        >

                        > There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.
                        >

                        > It works like this;
                        >

                        > 1 â€" he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already
                        >
                        > 2 â€" he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.
                        >
                        > 3 â€" I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!
                        >

                        > Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!
                        >
                        > So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!
                        >

                        > Hope this clears it up for you?
                        >

                        > Linder

                      • Lenarda Szymczak
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

                          Mark, you are correct to be suspicious and because our computers are so private now, only allow people to assist who you know and trust.

                          Lenarda, Australia

                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013

                            Linder, it is good that you trust him and he is true to his word, tried and tested and loyal.  Scary stuff to lose all that research.

                            Lenarda, Australia

                            You have been busy and we miss your lovely input!

                            YES, absolutely right as I TOO use that system and it WORKS!
                            They clean my machine in the way you describe and I can see what is happening too.
                            The invoice comes later and not all that dear with my contact here locally.

                            Pozdrowienia,
                            Antoni K

                            --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Linder " <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

                            > Dear Group,
                            >

                            > There is a little program, that my ‘computer repair shop’ fellow uses with me TO REMOTELY FIX my computer [me @ home, him in his office, both of us, with phone in our hands. CALLED TEAMVIEWER.COM we’ve used it for 5yrs+, saves carting the computer around.
                            >

                            > It works like this;
                            >

                            > 1 â€" he tells me to download FREE from the net, ‘TEAM VIEWER.COM’, install/run/save/make shortcut on screen, he has it on his m/c already
                            >
                            > 2 â€" he rings me by phone, AND sends an email to me. I double click shortcut, blue box appears which has a password + ID on it.
                            >
                            > 3 â€" I tell him by phone what it says BINGO!, WE’RE CONNECTED!!
                            >

                            > Of course, ALL private/personal letters/bank a/c’s etc SHOULD already have passwords on???, just in case anybody ever steals your PC or laptop!!
                            >
                            > So when you are being ‘remotely’ fixed and you’ve got those passwords on, no-one can see anything they shouldn’t!!
                            >

                            > Hope this clears it up for you?
                            >

                            > Linder

                          • Krys Dobrzanski
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
                              Dear Group,

                              Helen you did exactly the right thing - this is a world-wide scam.

                              I would advocate extreme caution when using any "file sharing" software like Teamviewer.com for remote access to your PC. All their (Teamviewer.com) credentials and security promises are fine and dandy but you are, when all is said and done, trusting someone to "enter" your private domain, by-passing Firewalls and any other security measures. Anyone can ask you to use and download the Teamviewer software and, by putting in the given security password you are basically giving the person you are talking to, COMPLETE access to everything you have on your hard-drive - including bank details, (possibly passwords) Paypal details, private documents, recent transactions and other internet history. It's like giving someone the key to your safe and leaving them to get on with whatever they want to do.

                              Cold-calling computer maintenance scams (mostly from India) use third party software like Linkmein or Teamviewer to access your computer and then actually installs their own spyware or other malware on your otherwise healthy pc - you then have to pay them to have it "repaired/cleaned" and then pay a monthly fee to keep it "maintained." Often the scammers will contact you a couple of days before to ask you to complete a survey - seemingly unrelated to any computer maintenance issues - that is how they find out who your internet service provider is and other personal information. Additionally, they often call using Skype so although a number may be registered on your phone - it doesn't exist!

                              If you Google "Indian computer scams" there are 100s of examples spread over many countries. I personally have had at least 100 such calls over the past 3 years - abuse soon follows if you tell the caller you know it's a scam.

                              Please just be cautious - only use the file-sharing software (Linkmein/Teamviewer/etc) with people you know or trust - Microsoft or its partners will NEVER call you and no one other than yourself knows if your PC is malfunctioning - that information is never broadcast to your internet provider unless you contact them or Microsoft for support.

                              With warmest regards,

                              Krys UK (Dobrzanska - researching Starzak, Gierula, Khlyuchanka lumber camp in Perm oblast)

                              To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
                              From: turkiewiczm@...
                              Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:44:55 -0700

                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 27, 2013
                                Very well said Lenarda - these scammers are ruthless. I've had so many calls over the past 3 years - sometimes 5 times in one day that I have purchased a megaphone. If I have any problems I give them a blast - hopefully a few eardrums have been damaged!

                                With warmest wishes,
                                Krys UK (Dobrzanska - researching Starzak, Gierula, Khlyuchanka lumber camp - Perm oblast)

                                To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 2 3:18 AM

                                  Krys, a silent phone number works best and having ones number placed in special protective register with Canberra, Australia,  works even better. Because if they breach the law and get caught, hefty fine, but also they do not have name against number and they work off huge lists which are years old. Calling random numbers until they get a hit and then go in for the kill.

                                  Warmest wishes,

                                  Lenarda, Australia

                                  To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 2 3:35 AM

                                    This is exactly what happened to me, but I found them on internet and they assured me it was legit.   Quote - Cold-calling computer maintenance scams (mostly from India) use third party software like Linkmein or Teamviewer to access your computer and then actually installs their own spyware or other malware on your otherwise healthy pc - you then have to pay them to have it "repaired/cleaned" and then pay a monthly fee to keep it "maintained." Often the scammers will contact you a couple of days before to ask you to complete a survey - seemingly unrelated to any computer maintenance issues - that is how they find out who your internet service provider is and other personal information. Additionally, they often call using Skype so although a number may be registered on your phone - it doesn't exist!

                                    If you Google "Indian computer scams" there are 100s of examples spread over many countries. I personally have had at least 100 such calls over the past 3 years - abuse soon follows if you tell the caller you know it's a scam.

                                    I was lucky, had my I.T. competent children over that night, reset the computer to day before they got in, in case planted a bug, cleaned everything.  cancelled my credit card, informed the bank and then used their own  money back guarantee contract against them, refusing to speak with them on telephone, refusing to fill in surveys, kept asking for money back because not satisfied under their own contract wording, kept throwing their words back at them and within 4 days they complied and money went into closed account with bank waiting for its return. my computer was given extra virus scans, fixed and I received my new credit card within a week.  Big lesson learned.

                                    Warmest regards,

                                    Lenarda, Australia

                                    From: turkiewiczm@...
                                    Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:44:55 -0700

                                    Yes, but what if the guy calling is not really with Teamviewer but can duplicate their process with only mailicousness in mind?

                                    Mark T.
                                    Canada

                                      Being an ex-computer programmer (including writing my own innovative anti-virus software in the 1990's), my best advice is that if anyone calls you from "Microsoft/Microsoft affiliated...." tell them you use an Apple Mac and visa versa.

                                      They hang up pretty quick.

                                      Rys
                                      UK

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 2 3:59 PM
                                        I tell them I have an Ipad. Best answer.
                                        Carol uk.

                                        Carol C H C
                                        Sent from my iPad

                                        On 2 Apr 2013, at 16:49, "ryszardsys" <ryszardsys@...> wrote:

                                        Being an ex-computer programmer (including writing my own innovative anti-virus software in the 1990's), my best advice is that if anyone calls you from "Microsoft/Microsoft affiliated...." tell them you use an Apple Mac and visa versa.

                                        They hang up pretty quick.

                                        Rys
                                        UK

                                        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:

                                        > This is exactly what happened to me, but I found them on internet and they assured me it was legit. Quote - Cold-calling computer maintenance scams (mostly from India) use third party software like Linkmein or Teamviewer to access your computer and then actually installs their own spyware or other malware on your otherwise healthy pc - you then have to pay them to have it "repaired/cleaned" and then pay a monthly fee to keep it "maintained." Often the scammers will contact you a couple of days before to ask you to complete a survey - seemingly unrelated to any computer maintenance issues - that is how they find out who your internet service provider is and other personal information. Additionally, they often call using Skype so although a number may be registered on your phone - it doesn't exist!
                                        >

                                        > If you Google "Indian computer scams" there are 100s of examples spread over many countries. I personally have had at least 100 such calls over the past 3 years - abuse soon follows if you tell the caller you know it's a scam.
                                        >

                                        > I was lucky, had my I.T. competent children over that night, reset the computer to day before they got in, in case planted a bug, cleaned everything. cancelled my credit card, informed the bank and then used their own money back guarantee contract against them, refusing to speak with them on telephone, refusing to fill in surveys, kept asking for money back because not satisfied under their own contract wording, kept throwing their words back at them and within 4 days they complied and money went into closed account with bank waiting for its return. my computer was given extra virus scans, fixed and I received my new credit card within a week. Big lesson learned.
                                        >
                                        > Warmest regards,
                                        >
                                        > Lenarda, Australia

                                      • Elzunia/Elizabeth Gradosielska/Maczka
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Apr 6 2:56 PM
                                          I've been away from the site for a while and find all this rather confusing!
                                          one person says teamviewer.com is a dangerous scam and someone else says it works really well - it sounds like the same website, so what is the truth?

                                          Elzunia
                                          Sweden