Easter 5 April 1942 Pahlevi

  • Lenarda Szymczak
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013

      Copied from Rymaszewski site.

      In Pahlevi we camped on the sand along the edges of oil polluted Caspian Sea.

      Two days later, on the 5 April, we celebrated on the beach our first Easter since leaving Poland.

      PHOTO >>> http://www.rymaszewski.iinet.net.au/images/caspmass.jpg
      5 April 1942: Easter Sunday Mass celebrated by our Polish Army unit (part of 10th Infantry Division from Logovoy) on the beach sand in the Persian port Pahlevi where we camped after evacuation from the Soviet Union. In front one can see folded overcoats, rucksacks and haversacks.

      Regards,

      Lenarda, Australia