Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] The route to Tashkent?

  • Elzunia/Elizabeth Gradosielska/Maczka
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
      I suppose it depends on how they travelled - many walked, took whatever transport was available, many took the train so would have taken roughly the same route as my mother's family. See her map which I just uploaded to the Files section. There is also a list of the names of places she travelled through - she wrote a diary, so we know.
      Files > Personal testimonies > Maczka and Gradosielski family documents

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia
      Sweden

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Mark <turkiewiczm@...> wrote:

      > There has been alot of recent posts about this, maybe you will get lucky.
      > I seek the same info as you but have struck out so far.
      >
      > Mark T.
      > Canada
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Anne Kaczanowski
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
        Read "Stolen Childhood"....Page 41 onward to get a general idea.  Everyone's story is different because it was impossible to organize this exodus in any rational manner. You have cattle trucks, trains, unbelievable distances by foot, rivers, tugboats, barges, tickets, no tickets, no destination, just knew you had to head south, followed the masses, caravans, collective farms, etc.
        Every account of the someone's journey will give you another transport adventure.

        hania.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
          thank you, Hania ...
          I do have that book. I was hoping to find others who may have had family members in the same area or camp as mine. I keep on ...

          Big blessings,
          _G

          --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Anne Kaczanowski <kazameena@...> wrote:

          > Read "Stolen Childhood"....Page 41 onward to get a general idea.  Everyone's story is different because it was impossible to organize this exodus in any rational manner. You have cattle trucks, trains, unbelievable distances by foot, rivers, tugboats, barges, tickets, no tickets, no destination, just knew you had to head south, followed the masses, caravans, collective farms, etc.
          > Every account of the someone's journey will give you another transport adventure.
          >
          > hania.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • John Halucha
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
            That is one beautiful piece of work, Elzunia.
            My father and uncle may well have taken the same route from Kotlas to Krasnovodsk, though they had to get to Kotlas from the Pechora-Abez-Vorkuta region farther north first. Thank you for sharing.

            John Halucha
            Sault Ste Marie, Canada

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
              My mother said they jumped on and off freight trains that were heading to Stalingrad. Getting off at various villages and towns to see if there was work or any relatives, and from there a combination of very dirty freight trains and private horse and buggy rides to Tashkent over several weeks. She said a lot of people got off in Tashkent and settled there, but they wanted to find a smaller place so they continued east to Osh and settled in Kurshab.

              I put a map here:

              http://kresy-siberia.org/hom/element/goldberg-chaim-perla-yosi-and-aliza-adler/map-of-goldberg-family-locations-from-1939-1945/

              I have been working on editing a video of her telling the story in more detail, and I hope to finish that soon.

              Regards,
              -Dan
              NY, USA

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "migutfamily" <migutfamily@...> wrote:

              > Greetings...
              >
              > As I continue to do research for a memoir I am writing about my Polish family's experience, I am wondering if anybody here may have family members, or know of somebody that knows/ recalls/ discovered the route taken by those freed during the Amnesty in 1941. I am attempting to discover how my family traveled from Novosibirsk region to Tashkent.
              >
              > Thank you for any help/ redirection you may offer.
              > Peace and blessings...
              >
              > _G.Archer

            • helena62482
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
                My father traveled the route from Novosibirsk to Tashkent by train.

                Helena

                Greetings...

                As I continue to do research for a memoir I am writing about my Polish family's experience, I am wondering if anybody here may have family members, or know of somebody that knows/ recalls/ discovered the route taken by those freed during the Amnesty in 1941. I am attempting to discover how my family traveled from Novosibirsk region to Tashkent.

                Thank you for any help/ redirection you may offer.
                Peace and blessings...

                _G.Archer

                5 Diet Pills that Work
                2012's Top 5 Weight Loss Pills. Updated Consumer Ratings. Free Report.
                DietRatings.org
              • migutfamily
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 23, 2013
                  thank you helena.