Kresy-Siberia at Warsaw Conference

  • szypowska
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 14, 2013
      Dear Group,

      Aneta Hoffmann, Chair of the Kresy-Siberia Foundation, will be one of the moderators, as well as one of the presenters, at the international Sybirak conference that will be held in Warsaw on 12-13 April 2013. The conference is organised by Swiatowa Rada Badan nad Polonia (The World Research Council on Poles Abroad).

      This is a huge step for our Foundation, and we congratulate Aneta for making inroads with this illustrious organisation.

      Kind regards,

      Krystyna Szypowska - Winnipeg, Canada

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 14, 2013
        Congratulations, Aneta!
        K-S is sure to look good!

        Mark T.
        Canada
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
          Krysia,
          thank you for your post conc Warsaw Conference about Sybiracy which will be held by Swiatowa Rada Badan nad Polonia on 12-13 April 2013.

          I was very happy to be involved in this important event and to help organisers to prepare call for papers for the very valuable speakers to attend in it as well as to shape the conference agenda after receiving so many interesting proposals from them.

          However I would like to emphasize very important role of Maria Szonert - director of Kresy-Siberia USA and at the same time member of Swiatowa Rada Badan nad Polonia, which convinced the whole Rada last year to make next conference conc Sybiracy. Her engagement in research and commemoration of Sybiraks fates is enormous and am proud that she pointed me out to organisers as a good representation of her from KS side to help with this important international event.

          We will for sure send you the report after conference. We also hope that Rada would be able to find funds for preparing printed post-conference materials to be distributed around the world, where our Kresy-Siberia presentations will be also included.

          Best regards,

          Aneta Hoffmann
          Warsaw, Poland

        • Helen Bitner
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
            Dear Anna
            Allow me to add my congratulations for this wonderful achievement.

            Kind regards
            Helen Bitner Colchester UK

          • Lenarda Szymczak
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013

              Aneta, this is a wonderful opportunity for you personally and I am sure you will be an impressive ambassador for Kresy-Siberia Group, bringing the group honour and recognition with your participation in this event, well done.

              Pozdrawiena

              Lenarda, Australia

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
                Thanks Aneta and Maria,
                I am glad that you always post information about recent events so that the group sees the efforts made and the growth it has enjoyed.
                Just a thought; rather than publishing materials it might be time for a 'News' page where members could read or link to information about such conferences/projects.

                Mark T.
                Canada

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
                  Please visit our News Page at
                  http://kresy-siberia.org/muzeum/news1?lang=en

                  Best regards
                  Stefan Wisniowski
                  Sydney Australia

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
                    Aneta, you have my congratulations also. I'm sure you will shine.
                    I blame this 'flu for my slip and addressing my previous email to Anna.

                    Warm regards
                    Helen Bitner
                    Colchester Uk

                  • Lenarda Szymczak
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013

                      Helen, lots of garlic and vodka, with some zinc with vitamin C, thrown in and you should be perky again in a couple of days.

                      Warmest regards,

                      Lenarda, Australia

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013
                        Lenarda, thank you!
                        I'll have a go.
                        Cheers
                        Helen

                      • Lenarda Szymczak
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 15, 2013

                          Helen thanks for reminding me OFF TOPIC, In Australia, the Influenza Vaccine is now available and yesterday took mother and myself for the annual needle.   All good. But if all else fails Garlic and Zinc and C.  For 1st three (3) days of illness.  Actual scientific proof that Zinc and C Does work from Doctor (Science) Karl Kruszelnicki our local Aussie Polish Scientist who runs a science show on television and has written many books for school children and teaches in University.  The Zinc boosts immune system, encapsulates the virus stopping mutation and spreading through body, thus starving the virus.  You will still be ill, but not as much and this will enable your system to build antibodies for future, until a new strain of Flu and vitamin C enables absorbtion of vitamins and Zinc.

                          So sorry for anyone with Flu, it will be a bad one this year and as my Mamusa tells me, all sickness in Kresy came with Spring and Autumn when the bugs could breed, because in Winter too cold and Summer too dry.

                          Warmest regards,

                          Lenarda, Australia