RE: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] trash or treasure

  • Lenarda Szymczak
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013

      Carol I fully agree with information about link, with description in subject line and then sign off at end with name and country.

      I do not trust a link with nothing describing it and no name of person sending it and will delete for safety.

      Lenarda, Australia

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        Dear All,
        Never open one of these types of emails. The 'link' you are expected to click could activate a virus. I delete all such emails where I have a suspicion and never click the 'link'.
        It seems that someone has hacked into our group. If we all delete such emails, then they might get fed up and go away. But we ALL have to delete them.
        Best wishes to all.

        Regards
        Tony

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          Is it the group or individuals? Maybe anyone who has been hacked needs to change the password they use. I have noticed hotmail and Yahoo emails are hacked regularly. In the to section on some of these there is a long list of names which tells you it is a spammer.

          I have been using gmail for a long time now. I have 3 accounts and I read all emails on the web by just signing into Google. You can create labels for emails and I have one for this group.

          Since doing this my accounts have never been hacked.

          There is a spam box which I check about once a week.

          Just thought i would pass this on in case it helps.
          Also I thought I would ask if an email is suspicious could a moderator put them on moderation so we do not all receive them while they verify them

          Thanks if you read this far.

          Carol uk

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            Could a moderator put the person on moderated mail?
            Carol UK

            Carol C H C
            Sent from my iPad

            On 12 Mar 2013, at 10:55, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:

            Basia, also notice that Beata Kalinski email is sent to Kresy Group and then some more others, with no subject, no description and no sign off.

            Unless emails, posts, have name and country and some description of subject matter – DO NOT OPEN AND DELETE – and because the KS email address is correct, it does not recognise as spam.

            Lenarda, Sydney, Australia

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
              We could - but I don't think it would stop the hacker sending messages. Changing the password is the only solution as I understand it.
              Elzunia

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Carol Clements <craftyccc@...> wrote:

              > Could a moderator put the person on moderated mail?
              > Carol UK
              >
              > Carol C H C
              > Sent from my iPad
              >
              > On 12 Mar 2013, at 10:55, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Basia, also notice that Beata Kalinski email is sent to Kresy Group and then some more others, with no subject, no description and no sign off.
              > >
              > > Unless emails, posts, have name and country and some description of subject matter â€" DO NOT OPEN AND DELETE â€" and because the KS email address is correct, it does not recognise as spam.
              > >
              > > Lenarda, Sydney, Australia

            • Carol Hornby Clements
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013

                Probably not but they could be prevented from coming through the group. That is all I was thinking about. It happens this way on another group.
                Carol UK