Podcast "Remembering the Katyn Massacre"

  • annapacewicz
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2013
      Dear Group,

      Last week several Sydney KS members attended a lecture at the Sydney Institute by Professor Patryk Plescott of IPN (Institute of National Rememberance in Warsaw) on the topic "Remembering the Katyn Massacre". It was very interesting and there was a good Q&A session afterwards (you may recognise some of our voices!). Here is the link to the podcast if you would like to watch it:

      http://www.thesydneyinstitute.com.au/podcast/remembering-the-katyn-massacre/

      Kind regards
      Anna Pacewicz
      Sydney
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
        On topic, but off point, can Chris or one of the military/police experts please confirm what this means: "nacz. Wydz. Sledczego PP Prsemysl"
        This is in reference to a 'St. przod. ' with the state police.

        Mark T.
        Canada
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2013
          Hello Mark apologies for not getting back sooner, missed your post due to the volume of discussions.

          From my references I came up with meanings for most of the abbreviations except PP which is only a guess.
          Are you sure it's two capital p's?

          "nacz. Wydz. Sledczego PP Prsemysl"
          naczelny - chief
          Wydział - Department
          Sledczego - Investigation
          PP - Panstwowy (State) - Policyjny (Police)

          Hope this is of help
          Chris......Calgary

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2013
            Damn unicode!

            Wydział should read Wydzial - Department.
            The l should have a stroke through it.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 16, 2013
              Hi Chris
              It was taken directly from his plate at Bykownia.

              Mark T.
              Canada

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 16, 2013
                Did I forget to say thank you? Thanks!
                Chief of Police in Przemysl doesnt seem to have any significance. If it was the same job in Toronto I would expect news of his arrest would be somewhere.
                I keep on...

                Mark T.
                Canada