Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] new project - first evacuations to Iran

  • Elzunia/Elizabeth Gradosielska/Maczka
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2013
      I suppose our active members can do both - I was trying to reach our very many passive members with the message.
      John's message was caught in the spam filter, that's why it was delayed - happens sometimes, don't know why.
      Elzunia

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2013
        No, that information doesn't help to create a list of the spring evacuations - only relevant details please.
        Elzunia

        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Mark <turkiewiczm@...> wrote:

        > Suggest that everyone understands what info should be sent in order to achieve the goal of building the list of ships, dates, names.
        > This might make it less burdensome for Stan.
        > For example, in my case, where I know only the Anders enlistment date in Persia, and nothing about how he got there, should I send something?
        > Thanks
        >
        > Mark T.
        > Canada
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Halina Jackowski
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2013
          I am afraid that this would not include my family. I have never heard of such an evacuation.

          Halina

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2013
            Thank you for writing to me about the group and about your own personal involvement. I am involved because my husband Stefan Jackowski's family, and therefore that of my boys, were involved with Kresy-Siberia. I am here because I know that some day I will need to answer questions for the boys and when that day comes I will be able to turn to this group for some answers.

            On a personal note, I have most of my family here. There is still some family in Poland, and those that are there are difficult to connect with becauase we have not been in touch.  I know there is rich history to be learned from my family and with any luck I will learn it before it is too late.

            I have 2 grandmothers still alive who are 91 and 96 years old. The 96 year old has alzheimers so there is no inofrmation available from her. However, my father is travelling to Poland this summer and with any luck I can get him to find out more about our family history.

            My husband's life is like that of a shoe maker. He has a lot of time for learning the history, but having time to answer questions for us seems impossible. Besides I take a lot of pride in being able to do things on my own, it also enriches my life and gives me something to do outside of raising the children.

            Halina

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2013
              Hi, Elzunia.  sounds a really fascinating but very difficult project.  I wish it every success.   I will contact my family in Poland to see if they know any more about the evacuation to Iran as I don't know anything about it, only that Dad, his brother and Mum arrived early in 1942.   I know they were at Kradnovosk prior to evacuation.

              Ann