RE: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Re: Anne Franklin: Anders out of Soviet Union

  • Lenarda Szymczak
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 28, 2013

      Most welcome, this is what group does, this is why we exist.

      Lenarda, Australia

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013
        Which one can be read online please
        Carol UK

        Carol C H C
        Sent from my iPad

        On 28 Feb 2013, at 20:13, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:

        Hello John

        I put forward a link to Amazon earlier this week, with about 10 books available, new and used.  Also Stefan mentioned Amazon, saying they had books available. Be careful as some book companies charge exorbitant prices like 80.00 for one book. Also, there is book that can be read online? I copied my post, hope this helps.

        AMAZON http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FAn-Army-Exile-Second-Polish%2Fdp%2F0898390435&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNGJPUyiDLOy2qabEe7KOm3xTZb88g&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI&cad=rja

        and

        ABE http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CHcQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abebooks.co.uk%2Fbook-search%2Ftitle%2Fan-army-in-exile%2Fauthor%2Fanders%2Fsortby%2F3%2Fpage-1%2F&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNEAYoWtI8xsNDI7eUV8B8UFnaC_ww&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI&cad=rja

        And also

        <image001.png>

        Top of Form

        Bottom of Form

        Top of Form

        Bottom of Form

        Rate this book

        An Army in Exile: The Story of the Second Polish Corps

        by W³adys³aw Anders

        <image002.png><image002.png><image002.png><image002.png><image002.png>5.00  Â·  rating details  Â·  5 ratings  Â·  2 reviews

        Hardcover, 319 pages

        Published May 30th 1981 by Battery Press (first published 1949)

        http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbooks.google.com%2Fbooks%2Fabout%2FAn_army_in_exile.html%3Fid%3DbPHOAAAAMAAJ&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNH65EahwQy3Rg3PWKgES0c2z8myOw&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI

        regards,

        Lenarda, Australia

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013
          That's very kind, Hania. Thank you.
          Thank you also Basia for the sweet notion of lending me your copy - but yes, I will be getting my own copy whose margins I can gently mark in light pencil for ease of taking notes.
          And Lenarda, for repeating your post with the links. Like Carol, I would love it if you can answer your own question about whether it can be read online in the meantime.
          Another example of what makes this forum exquisite as Lenarda often reminds us - in deeds as well as words.
          John Halucha
          Sault Ste Marie, Canada

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013

            Carol

            The first two are Amazon and ABE books to be purchased and prices.

            The last one is a Google Site, but I am not familiar with how this works. From a guess you put arrow on –“Go To Google Play Now” (Click) and this takes you into where you sign in and then you can download and read books through your ANDROID?

            But also on the topic of the Google site, I was amazed of how many other books there are on RELATED TOPICS, such as Katyn and many others that I have not heard of with the  history of Eastern Borderlands, even from Group members, truly worth a look.

            Warmest wishes

            Lenarda, Australia

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013

              John for such flattery, I should buy you a Vodka.

              I truly admire this KS Group and it is a pleasure to assist where I can, don’t forget I get into trouble too, when I put forward something I am not sure of, but this is all EDUCATION AND RESEARCH.  This is why we Exist as GROUP.

               Subject of Reading online, from what I can guess it is a Google Function, which I am not familiar with, but I have already posted an answer.  But in the process of looking again, found many other related topic books, please have a look.

              Warmest wishes

              Lenarda, Australia

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013
                The link has some strange characters and will not work for me. Please can you check it, i am interested to read this
                Carol uk

                Carol C H C
                Sent from my iPad

[...]

                <image002.png><image002.png><image002.png><image002.png><image002.png>5.00  Ã‚·  rating details  Ã‚·  5 ratings  Ã‚·  2 reviews

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013

                  Carol,

                  Go inside the link below and once inside look for left margin, beside book displayed, you click on any of these symbols or writing and it will take you to SIGN IN, after this you will need to join, please read directions below

                  An Army in Exile: The Story of the Second Polish Corps

                  (You need to enter this link first) -    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbooks.google.com%2Fbooks%2Fabout%2FAn_army_in_exile.html%3Fid%3DbPHOAAAAMAAJ&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNH65EahwQy3Rg3PWKgES0c2z8myOw&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI

                    (click on above link to get you in – then look for – Go To Google Play Now –  purple colour - you will see symbols above, click on computer screen symbol or any other symbol)

                  Then you will need to open Google account, which I did, at no cost unless I purchase a read on-line book or find one for FREE.  this is a good thing as they have books for sale, on line to read, for little cost or free if you can understand how to navigate the site,  but after opening my account and trying to navigate, got completely lost and couldn’t even find a doorknob, to open anything, even to check the cost.  It seems, at my guess, that if you cannot open, they do not hold book for reading but will direct you to store for purchase.

                  Realistically, with computer crashes etc. nothing replaces the hard copy, held in hand and by purchasing from Amazon, available at discount when going through Kresy-Siberia Group, which contributes to the running costs of Kresy-Siberia Group.

                  Sorry I cannot help further, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can assist as my IT skills are not great.

                  Regards,

                  Lenarda, Australia

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013
                    This book doesn't seem to be available on Google Play, the only information on this site is the name of the book, the author, date of publication and a couple of short reviews.

                    Frances

                    --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Lenarda Szymczak" <szymczak01@...> wrote:

                    > Carol,
                    >
                    > Go inside the link below and once inside look for left margin, beside book displayed, you click on any of these symbols or writing and it will take you to SIGN IN, after this you will need to join, please read directions below.
                    >

                    > An Army in Exile: The Story of the Second Polish Corps
                    >
                    > (You need to enter this link first) - <http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbooks.google.com%2Fbooks%2Fabout%2FAn_army_in_exile.html%3Fid%3DbPHOAAAAMAAJ&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNH65EahwQy3Rg3PWKgES0c2z8myOw&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI> http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbooks.google.com%2Fbooks%2Fabout%2FAn_army_in_exile.html%3Fid%3DbPHOAAAAMAAJ&ei=RywtUbz3LMmLkQX98YDoDg&usg=AFQjCNH65EahwQy3Rg3PWKgES0c2z8myOw&bvm=bv.42965579,d.dGI â€"
                    >
                    > (click on above link to get you in â€" then look for â€" Go To Google Play Now â€" purple colour - you will see symbols above, click on computer screen symbol or any other symbol)
                    >

                    > Then you will need to open Google account, which I did, at no cost unless I purchase a read on-line book or find one for FREE. this is a good thing as they have books for sale, on line to read, for little cost or free if you can understand how to navigate the site, but after opening my account and trying to navigate, got completely lost and couldn’t even find a doorknob, to open anything, even to check the cost. It seems, at my guess, that if you cannot open, they do not hold book for reading but will direct you to store for purchase.
                    >

                    > Realistically, with computer crashes etc. nothing replaces the hard copy, held in hand and by purchasing from Amazon, available at discount when going through Kresy-Siberia Group, which contributes to the running costs of Kresy-Siberia Group.
                    >

                    > Sorry I cannot help further, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can assist as my IT skills are not great.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Lenarda, Australia

                  • Lenarda Szymczak
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 1, 2013

                      Frances, thank you, I did think this, but needed someone with more IT skills to verify it.

                      Thanks again,

                      Lenarda, Australia

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 2, 2013
                          Oh well it was worth trying. I will see if the library has it.
                          Carol UK

                          Carol C H C
                          Sent from my iPad