Poland and the Poles during WWII lecture by Halik Kochanski

  • helen Bitner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2013
      Dear group
      To-day Krystyna Mew and I attended Halik Kochanski's lunchtime lecture at the National Army Museum London and I thought Dr. Kochanski gave an excellent summary of Poland and the Poles during WWII. She drove home the point how Poland's place among the allies had not been sufficiently recognised but rather obscured and she demolished the myths re the Polish Cavalry attack and the bombing of the Polish air fleet on the ground.
      Afterwards Krystyna and I introduced ourselves as members from Kresy-Siberia and she said she would certainly visit our WDYTYA table at London Olympia (22-24 February).
      It was a pleasure for me also to meet up with Krystyna and her lovely daughter and I'm looking forward to meeting up again and seeing many more members at the WDYTYA Exhibition
      Kind regards
      Helen Bitner
      UK
      Sent from my iPad