Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re : Fedorowicz in Polska Walczaca List

  • Custance.family
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
      Sorry Taduesz
      I sent the message below accidentally before I had finished it off.
      I was also going to ask.........do you think Genia and mum's dad were not on the list because Genia died in Dekhkanabad and my grandfather died somewhere else, when he went to Guzar, to join the army with his oldest son, Wladek.
      Anyway thanks again for your input on this.

      Regards  Dianne

      Thanks Tadeusz

      So I wonder why my grandmother Franciszka's name is not on the list. Also I think mum's sister Anka's name is missing as the Anna mentioned has a date of birth that could not tie in with our Anka. Why wouldn't their names be on the list? They were all together all the way to Africa.

    • Tadeusz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2003
        Dianne,
        To the best of my knowledge, the names listed were of the living persons that were evacuated to Persia from USSR. It is possible, that some names were not included because the situation at that time was very chaotic. Thousands of desperate people were coming and going, every one was trying to get out of the Soviet Union and hence it is possible that the details of dates of birth were sometimes not accurate.

         Regards,
        Tadeusz.
        I sent the message below accidentally before I had finished it off.
        I was also going to ask.........do you think Genia and mum's dad were not on the list because Genia died in Dekhkanabad and my grandfather died somewhere else, when he went to Guzar, to join the army with his oldest son, Wladek.
        Anyway thanks again for your input on this.

        Regards  Dianne

        Thanks Tadeusz

        So I wonder why my grandmother Franciszka's name is not on the list. Also I think mum's sister Anka's name is missing as the Anna mentioned has a date of birth that could not tie in with our Anka. Why wouldn't their names be on the list? They were all together all the way to Africa.

        **
        *  Replies to this message will go directly to the full list.
        *  Send e-mails to:  Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
        **
        *  To SUBSCRIBE, send an e-mail saying who you are
        *  and your interest in the group to:
        *      Kresy-Siberia-owner@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2003
          Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re : Fedorowicz in Polska Walczaca List Dianne
          The Polska Walczaca list is a partial list of names.  I believe they represent perhaps 20% of the 120,000 or so evacuated through Persia.  We have a team of Kresy-Siberia members in England continuing to work with the Sikorski Institute on trying to source both the PW list and a complete list of evacuees.  Given the state of the archives, their work is proving to be a challenge.

          Stefan Wisniowski

          From: "Custance.family" <Custance.family@...>
          Thanks Tadeusz