Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Polish prisoners of war. October 1940 -

  • annapacewicz
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hi Beata and for anybody else with an interest/connection to police.

      The website for the Family Police Association 1939 is:

      http://www.osrp1939.policja.katowice.pl/rp1939_1.htm

      Under the "English" section there is a huge amount of historical information of the Police of the 2nd Polish Republic.

      Under the first tab in Polish, Aktualnosci if you scroll down towards the end is a large section and many photographs on the opening ceremony of the Katyn memorial at Bykownia. I was there with several other Kresy-Siberia members in September.

      The President, Maria Nowak, (contact details under the Kontakt tab on the website)has been wonderfully helpful and was able to confirm for me that my grandfather was killed/buried at the Katyn Bykownia site.

      Good luck!

      Anna Pacewicz
      Sydney Australia